First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Since it's been a while now, what are the follow up thoughts on this? I've been going back and forth on buying this since about April and I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with it? Front cruise sensor, collision sensor or camera issues? Also, and this one may be harder to guess at, does it actually look like it would help or hinder in a collision with a giant road rat? I'm sorry I meant "deer." My 2010 XLT was totaled after a run in with one, and both I and my insurance company would prefer not have to deal with that again.
Sponsored

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I emailed Ranch Hand several weeks ago regarding the brackets. They never answered me. I called several times. A woman's voice said leave a message and would get back. Never did. No customer service means done with Ranch Hand. Read a lot now and most non-commercial sites indicate a GG can help depending on speed, size of deer, angle, etc. Maybe a call to your insurance company would be in order to ask them and if they would give you a discount for mounting one. But for now I am not getting one until more manufacturers have them and there are no issues with the camera etc.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
did you ever get the sensor issue resolved?
i think this is what i am going to have to go with to get a frame to mount a front hitch (light duty)
and how is it holding up now
thanks

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
As of my last check with my dealer in February, the answer was not fixed yet and to keep checking. I need to call him again.

OP
OP
Clutch

Clutch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Sorry to be late to the party, but sensor issues are pretty much gone. I get the occassional alert when the truck is wet from rain, but that may be unrelated to the brush guard. As I told @apMechorse, I have the full Blue Cruise suite and it hasn't affected that while highway riding.

Sponsored

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Called my local Ranch Hand dealer today for an update on the bracket issue for the 2021 F150. He wanted to be sure so he called them and confirmed that, yes, the bracket issue is resolved. Ordered one with opening for the front camera. Will update once it is installed. I do not have front bumper sensors.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So this morning my local Linex-X dealer installed the Ranch Hand brush guard for front camera. Like it. Took about 1.5 hours. Brackets fit perfectly. Fits flush at top with hood and does not show when driving. Install did not disturb my full front PPF. The front camera view is fine; a small amount of frame from the brush guard opening shows on the screen view but did not impede my ability to park the truck close to back wall in my tight garage. Too dark today to show camera view. Got 4" of rain over two days in Kansas! Cost installed w/tax was $1182.50.

Ford F-150 Ranch Hand Brush Guard for 2021+ IMG_20220526_111928

Ford F-150 Ranch Hand Brush Guard for 2021+ IMG_20220526_111935

Ford F-150 Ranch Hand Brush Guard for 2021+ IMG_20220526_111941

Ford F-150 Ranch Hand Brush Guard for 2021+ IMG_20220526_111950

rwhite

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 King Ranch, 2022 F150 Lariat
Has anyone seen the Ranch Hand full front bumper replacement in person yet? I’ve seen one on bumpers only, just not sure it’s legit. Nothing on Ranch Hands site yet.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not yet. Only the one on my truck with cutout for camera. The bracket mounts fit Gen14. Call a distributor.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Finally got my Ranch Hand Brush Guard from Trails End Truck. Their service was top notch and I was very glad I cancelled my Order with BumperOnly to order from them. I think they got them in faster than they expected to, but communicated with me instantly. It was a very simple install and I wound up reusing the factory hardware instead of the hardware Ranch Hand sends with the brush guard. You can definitely see it from the 360 and front camera, but it is not so intrusive that it renders the camera useless. No sensors are blocked, but so far I've only driven it around the neighborhood. I have a few pics attached.

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg
Are those steps or running board extensions? I’ve been looking fo extensions, hoping there cheaper than retractable step. Can you tell me where u got them? I’ve been looking ford oem has them just hard to find.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clutch

Clutch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Are those steps or running board extensions? I’ve been looking fo extensions, hoping there cheaper than retractable step. Can you tell me where u got them? I’ve been looking ford oem has them just hard to find.
These are factory. I just tried to look at the window sticker to see what they are called but I think they are the basic boards from the lariat w/ chrome package on 2021s

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’d like to find out how those rear extensions work. My boards end at the Cab. If I could find them for my supercab it would work as a step to get in the box.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I’d like to find out how those rear extensions work. My boards end at the Cab. If I could find them for my supercab it would work as a step to get in the box.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have you considered AMP Research Bed Step 2? $290 per side + installation. There's a YouTube video for them. I'm looking into those for my Supercab.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks Yeah I did, stage 3 said they bolt up to 21/22 models. Oem have 3 different lengths of retractable for about 300. Stage 3 offered amp to me for 245. Shipped. I’ve read mixed reviews On amp.
Sponsored