Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Hello all,

I purchased my new F150 thanks to totaling my 2013 on a mule deer. Just curious if all of the fancy new sensors (I have the active assist co pilot) would be affected by a brush guard? Would much rather replace the brush guard than a truck if it happens again...

Ford F-150 Would Brush Guard affect sensors? 416F2E64-513F-4713-A790-618E552E9666
Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I have looked and looked, mostly at Ranch Hand. My F150 Will not handle a grill guard with the sensors. My info is about a month old so “maybe” they have done a redesign. I like grill guards!

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
I have looked and looked, mostly at Ranch Hand. My F150 Will not handle a grill guard with the sensors. My info is about a month old so “maybe” they have done a redesign. I like grill guards!
That’s what I was afraid of hearing. Thinking it may be a while before they make a sensor friendly version

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Great!!! Thanks!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Do you already own this one or looking at it? Curious how the front-end weight would affect the active assist/etc. I know friends always put leveling kits on when adding grill guards, but I tow too and don't want the awkward squat. Appreciate the dialogue for probably dumb questions, but I did do some searching and I think the truck is new enough not many have tried.

20acrefarms

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Atlas, 2023 F150 XL
Occupation
Industrial Fire Fighter
Do you already own this one or looking at it? Curious how the front-end weight would affect the active assist/etc. I know friends always put leveling kits on when adding grill guards, but I tow too and don't want the awkward squat. Appreciate the dialogue for probably dumb questions, but I did do some searching and I think the truck is new enough not many have tried.
No I don’t own this one yet. I haven’t got my truck and still need to find somewhere in Canada that sells this grille guard.

Mginn68

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Work
I’m also looking for someone who has installed this ranch hand ?

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,

I purchased my new F150 thanks to totaling my 2013 on a mule deer. Just curious if all of the fancy new sensors (I have the active assist co pilot) would be affected by a brush guard? Would much rather replace the brush guard than a truck if it happens again...

416F2E64-513F-4713-A790-618E552E9666.jpeg
My local Line-X dealer and two other accessory places said the Ranch Hand grill guard with the cutout for the camera does not fit the 2021. Ford changed the mounting location and either did not tell the manufacturers or they did not get the word. Ranch Hand has retooled for the 2021 and expects shipments November or December 2021.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Yeh was looking into this too. I think I saw some with a sensor repositioning bracket for the 21. Maybe Stage3 or American trucks... I think its the 2 things behind the black covers on either side of plate, and the round ones on bumper too. I think there's some posts of folks who have figured it out. May need to wait like you said. Like the change to the rear leaf u bolts, Fox Icons next gen release dates, etc etc,

jaxxson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Construction
No I don’t own this one yet. I haven’t got my truck and still need to find somewhere in Canada that sells this grille guard.
Did you manage to find anywhere in Canada selling ranch hand grills for the 2021?

I can't find anywhere in Canada that sells really any ranch hand grills.
Sponsored