First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Smart-TD (one of the largest rail unions) has voted to deny the current agreement and plants a Dec 4 or Dec 9 strike. This follows the same denial with a few other lines. These unions represent 50% of all rail workforce.

Ford pushes back delivery due to lack of workforce, modules/chips, parts, and then QC issues and by the time they start shipping, a bottleneck occurs. Now we might have a strike within the rail system at a time that convoy drivers are needed.

Frick.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I’m sure this thread is going to be full of civilized conversation.

OP
OP
Matt99

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Anesthetist
Yea I didn't want to mention any of the politics of unions.

It sucks, either way. Bad timing for us, Ford, and the workers probably. I think August is the busiest time of the year for them but I assume everyone is re-stocking after the holiday season purchases.

OP
OP
Matt99

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Anesthetist
The workers are not the problem.
It's a guaranteed issue when you have a public company trying to maximize profit and a worker's Union trying to maximize benefits and pay.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
when my son worked for BNSF....its never about the employees actually driving the trains.

the company is so full of waste and DUMB antiquated rules.

not to be political....but reaping what you sow is coming to fruition

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The railroads more than doubled their freight rates with the pandemic and profited enormously like all the other corporate monopolies in this country. The greedy bastards do not want to share a penny of the extra profits with their workers, naturally. That is why the top 10% take 80% of the income and have 90% of the wealth and pay no taxes. It is technically fascism.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
this a great laugh
a congressman was caught saying the railroad workers issues with paid leave is something they should give in on. why you ask? becasue he said the paid leave is already really good for railroad workers so take the deal. and that congress would act within a few days and make a law if the unions strike. OH MAN i would be all over my union rep if i was still working. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

if i was a railroad union rep, i would get this nut on record saying this and then say OK congress if our leave is fair, and just...then all of congress should adopt the railroad workers leave policy or railroad workers gets congress leave policy :ROFLMAO: 🤗 🇺🇸 o_O :oops: (y) :eek:

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
You know how the ruling class is, do as I say not as I do. For the most part, both political parties are just a different cheek of the same ass.

OP
OP
Matt99

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Anesthetist
You know how the ruling class is, do as I say not as I do. For the most part, both political parties are just a different cheek of the same ass.
For sure. I’m Republican and realize that as much as I think the majority of Democrats are making things remarkably worse….the Republicans wont do much better. They are in it for themselves and are out of touch with normal people

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
This.

All they care about is the power; Not the common man.
Sponsored