Rail tracking from Dearborn to Houston - crickets

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Anyone else in the Houston area have a truck "in transit"? My truck shipped August 19th from Dearborn. August 24th, it was listed as received by BNSF rail company in Blue Island. Since then, no updates. Ford chat and dealer see the same vehicle visibility report, and both say the last entry was August 24th. Either my truck is still sitting in Chicago area (Blue Island) or it's slowly and silently making its way south. It's been shipping for 23 days. It's supposed to go to a lot in Pearland where it will get on a auto carrier truck out to the dealer. ETA delivery to dealer says Sept 10-16.

If you did have a truck delivered to Houston, were you able to track the railcar all the way into Houston?

Railcar number is NKCR008633, and originally on Canadian National Railways.

CSX phone system still sys the railcar is empty, released by customer, and sitting in Richmond, CA.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My Powerboost has a built date of 4/11/22
I received email from Ford that it shipped April 15th

Ford F-150 Rail tracking from Dearborn to Houston - crickets Screenshot_20220718-194320_Gmail

April 27th, 12 days later, it was in a railyard near Hobby Airport. The next day, April 28, it was at the dealership in Alvin.

I have no clue why I didn't experience any of the horror stories shared on the forum. It was a fully loaded dolled up KingRanch Powerboost 6.5' 4X4 CCD truck.

It arrived filthy from the train ride. Covered in sult of some kind. But I have zero complaints. Hope yours shows up promptly.

OP
OP
rpold150

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
My Powerboost has a built date of 4/11/22
I received email from Ford that it shipped April 15th

April 27th, 12 days later, it was in a railyard near Hobby Airport. The next day, April 28, it was at the dealership in Alvin.
Nice, 12 days between Dearborn and Houston. I worries me a bit that nothing shows up on the VVR since 8/24. I talked to the dealer today and he didn't have anything much to add other than I hope the next update we receive is that it was delivered to the Pearland storage lot. He said they're waiting on a lot more trucks to come in, I guess maybe some of us are together.

I've heard others say something about the dirt and grime from the train ride. The dealer better get it all cleaned off. If anything, the ETA deadline is coming up. I suspect it will either be on-time or get some other meaningful ETA update.
Sponsored