Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Truck received Priority Update 23-PU0724-DOM-RS last night
Noticed Sync changed to: 23159_ PRODUCT Revision: 915
Maps updated to: 2.76.3r.20220923.a19d9e6c

Rugedraw I have a 2021 Job 1 and prior to this update (received today) I know I was several updates behind. My sync number and revision number as well as my Nav are now showing the same versions as the OP above. Is this going to cause issues in updating other previous module updates either OTA or via OBD cable?
Thanks
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
What dealership was it?? I’m in DFW too. Service AT MY HOUSE would be amazing! There’s a new dealership in Prosper 5 minutes from my house but I don’t know anything about them or their commitment to excellent service. My dealer is 45 minutes away.

So a tad off topic for this thread, but since it was noted - I had the best Ford Service call ever - at my house. Tech has checked for the wiper motor…

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I’m on 23159 Revision 915 but only PowerUp 4.2.1.

Navigation went down along with several other glitches (CarPlay, SiriusXM, various screen goofs) began last week after approving the latest update (which didn’t appear to actually add anything- I think it said something about preparing for the future?)

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
What dealership was it?? I’m in DFW too. Service AT MY HOUSE would be amazing! There’s a new dealership in Prosper 5 minutes from my house but I don’t know anything about them or their commitment to excellent service. My dealer is 45 minutes away.
Utter Ford in Denton. They've been great. They drove almost 30 miles to get to me in Dallas and I have a huge dealer just a couple miles away.

There are 4 of us with Lightnings that have all started using them in the last little bit. So far, they've gone above and beyond. They have a Lightning torn down in their shop now for a battery module replacement (unfortunately it happens).

What dealer do you typically deal with? I bought at Bob Tomes in McKinney, but at this point I don't think I'm going to have a need to ever visit them again. I had a pretty bad experience with them during purchase and again 3 weeks later when the truck had AC problems.

The crazy part is - rumor is that the Utters and the Tomes's are all related.

Last edited:

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Utter Ford in Denton. They've been great. They drove almost 30 miles to get to me in Dallas and I have a huge dealer just a couple miles away.

There are 4 of us with Lightnings that have all started using them in the last little bit. So far, they've gone above and beyond. They have a Lightning torn down in their shop now for a battery module replacement (unfortunately it happens).

What dealer do you typically deal with? I bought at Bob Tomes in McKinney, but at this point I don't think I'm going to have a need to ever visit them again. I had a pretty bad experience with them during purchase and again 3 weeks later when the truck had AC problems.

The crazy part is - rumor is that the Utters and the Tomes's are all related.
I use 5 Star Ford in Carrollton. Great buying experience(twice.) They seem to care about taking care of customers and knew exactly how to handle the non-updating truck issue last year. It’s just not very conveniently located for me.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I use 5 Star Ford in Carrollton. Great buying experience(twice.) They seem to care about taking care of customers and knew exactly how to handle the non-updating truck issue last year. It’s just not very conveniently located for me.
Call them at 940-321-7510. Ask for Justin in service, he manages the mobile team. See if they can do what you need done remotely. Just tell him you're willing to take an appointment after all of the Lightning guys. :)

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Navigation went down along with several other glitches (CarPlay, SiriusXM, various screen goofs) began last week after approving the latest update (which didn’t appear to actually add anything- I think it said something about preparing for the future?)
I got your pic on the other forum. I just messaged @Jesse-Infotainment about it. I didn't know you were on this forum, too.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Huge shout out to @Jesse-Infotainment for helping get my truck straightened out! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! And thank you to @rugedraw for starting the process and connecting me with Jesse.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I’m in the same position, but unless if there is a major new feature I don’t care about updates one way or the other. I think there’s more files that need to complete install before the package is considered successful on the backend.

My approach to updates is to just leave them alone. This might surprise some of you, but I have never used FRDS to update my truck. I have only applied FRDS updates for other owner’s vehicles.

I’m in a 21 PowerBoost. I’m not saying there’s no issues with updates, but if you want to use my truck as a study case, my truck is proof Ford’s updates do work as intended for some people with minimal interference. The most invasive procedure I’ve undertaken was when I had to master reset my Sync 4 right after the release of iOS 16.0 last year, even then it seemed more like a CarPlay issue than a Sync 4 problem.

My biggest gripe is how Ford communicates their update deployments and seemingly target VIN’s at random. I totally understand the frustration that exists.

We all compare who has what when major changes like full screen CarPlay and BlueCruise go live, but I think it is also important to chime in and say the “set it and forget it” approach works great too.

IMO, rushing out to install the latest
updates presents a bigger risk than waiting for Ford’s servers to pick your VIN in the update lottery.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
We all compare who has what when major changes like full screen CarPlay and BlueCruise go live, but I think it is also important to chime in and say the “set it and forget it” approach works great too.
In most cases, I agree. My truck in particular cannot have the IPC updated via the OTA or traditional FDRS process. It has to be CAN'd in. Without FDRS, my truck would still be stuck on software from early 2022 with no bluecruise or full-screen, no cameras in motion, etc. Not to mention all the job 1 trucks that were/are in OTA limbo due to that bad software that broke OTAs completely. It is unknown how many trucks are affected by this, but I myself have found well over a hundred here on the forums. Who knows how many more are out there?

Aside from above, the only times I manually updated and did not wait for OTA's was 1)to get the full-screen update. That particular OTA was very problematic to install as it will get stuck in countless trucks downloading one of the files it needed from the mothership. Yes, eventually the OTA would go through. It could take months and several OTA triggers from Ford for that to happen, and that was an update that I wanted. 2) When another IPC update was released where I had 4 failed OTA triggers in less than one month.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Same boat as Rugedraw and would never know without this forum.
CAN bus IPC updates or it ain't happening. I too installed the update from earlier this year after 5 weeks of failures.

My used truck was severely outdated stuck in weird state never having IPC updated but sync did to version not on any list I've seen.
Sponsored