First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 ram 1500 21 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
auto repair
I made the changes before any price increase so I would think the only increase in price would be the $1000 for the adaptive steering that was actually standard on the Platinum 701a on the 21s
Sponsored

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
There's been some questions on new Vehicle price protection, with the delay on vehicles because of microchips and an increase in retail ordered vehicles because of the lack of dealer supply this has become a bigger issue.

I did some research on this and have a definitive answer on Ford's price protection policy.

Example:
Customer Orders a Lariat with $73,000 MSRP and agreed to selling price of $73,000 on 1/01/22.
Ford implements price increase on 02/15/22.
Dealer is invoiced for Lariat on 03/01/22 with a $75,000 MSRP.
Customer takes delivery on 03/31/22 with the $73,000 agreed to price.
Ford reimburses the selling dealership with an adjustment invoice on 05/15/22 automatically for price difference as long as it is sold to the customer who it was ordered for.

I have seen this happen a handful of times, but wasn't aware 100% of the process. This is done automatically and at the dealership level is something that isn't communicated all that well. I had to do some digging to find this policy. But if you have an agreed to price with your selling dealership on a retail order, they should honor that price. (I will say, that most dealerships will probably not be aware of this policy, I wasn't). Then Ford after processing the transaction and verifying that it was delivered to the customer who the car was ordered for will then send an adjustment invoice to the dealership reimbursing them for the price difference.

I have attached the Price protection policy here for your reference if your dealership isn't aware of the policy. The good news is that this is automatic and the dealership won't need to jump through any hoops to get it. The bad news is that most Ford's dealerships probably aren't aware. So don't think that they are crooks if they try to charge you the adjusted price, they most likely just aren't aware of the program. Just present this price protection flyer I have attached and I believe most store's will honor the price for you.

Again, the dealer has received an invoice for the full price. I'm sure most sales manager's are under the assumption their pricing has raised so they will pass it along and aren't aware of this program.

Hope that helps.
What about Incentive & Financing Protection?

Reactions: RMQ

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Any idea how this works in Canada? That doc says it applies in the US only.
Same: I worked 15 years in Windsor, ON area, in F&I/management. Unserialized orders, may have individual option amendments (sometimes mandated by shortages), or paint, but NO powertrain, or major trim level changes (oh i decided I want Lariat NOT XLT e.g.). That would then be considered, a completely different model. This applies only to original buyer. For what it's worth, I have a full-load Tremor (Antimatter), on order since December, and have witnessed 2 price bumps. Sales Manager (former colleague and friend), said I might get it quicker, if I delete certain options, but I'm in no rush as only 9 months into 3 year lease. The way the market is, I should have equity after my lease is terminated, regardless.

Last edited:

D87302

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang Bullitt; 2021 F150 XLT 302A SCrew...
Occupation
Retired
This is correct!
Could you please clarify policy for me? I requested a change from XLT 302A with chrome package to same with Sport Package and added two options (360 camera was also deleted in the change); was sent a new order preview sheet showing applicable changes and with a different Price level code, higher base cost (+$1500), and higher MSRP reflecting price increase. Is this considered change in trim? Do I have to pay the higher price (reflecting that base cost increase?)

Sponsored

RMQ

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What about Incentive & Financing Protection?
@Granger Ford. I’m curious on the financing aspect too.

The pasted post below says Smart Vincent let’s you apply incentives and financing from the price protection date. Can you provide some clarity on this?

Weird, since this is also covered in the same place in Smart Vincent where you select the price protection date.

Tim from Long McArthur lays it out, including historical financing rates and what it exactly looks like in the system (link to relevant time stamp):

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Could you please clarify policy for me? I requested a change from XLT 302A with chrome package to same with Sport Package and added two options (360 camera was also deleted in the change); was sent a new order preview sheet showing applicable changes and with a different Price level code, higher base cost (+$1500), and higher MSRP reflecting price increase. Is this considered change in trim? Do I have to pay the higher price (reflecting that base cost increase?)
From what you have said above, you should still be price protected. You did not change the trim from XLT to a lariat for example.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
@Granger Ford. I’m curious on the financing aspect too.

The pasted post below says Smart Vincent let’s you apply incentives and financing from the price protection date. Can you provide some clarity on this?
We check for your incentives when your vehicle arrives and compare that to your order date. After that our finance department contact you regarding what is available to you.

Caferick

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Shift Manager
Thanks, Zach.

Unfortunately, I was told under no uncertain terms by Chapman of Horsham that adding Park Assist Removal would void the price protection according to Ford's policy and they would not budge. My concern is that there are trusted dealers who are not being honest with customers after generating significant business on the forums.
You have any more follow up on this, looks like I'm in the same boat with the same dealer. Thanks.

Ave8ter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Mazda CX9, F-150 (on order)
Occupation
Retired
We check for your incentives when your vehicle arrives and compare that to your order date. After that our finance department contact you regarding what is available to you.
Is there any way for a "Civillian" to find out the incentives available on a specific date, say 11/26/2021.

Sponsored

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
You have any more follow up on this, looks like I'm in the same boat with the same dealer. Thanks.
There seems to be a lot of debate on if you actually need to add Parking Assist Removal or if Ford will do it automatically. If it's the latter, then under no circumstances should you add it to your Chapman order.

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Ford F-150 Price Protection - New Vehicle orders 1650889527856

When your truck arrives and you sit down to finalize the deal, ensure they pull a "Smart Vincent" based on the Vin# of the Truck you ordered and the "Protection Date" ie. order date. All incentives including Financing Incentives that were available on the date you ordered will populate.

bzogster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
@Granger Ford can you confirm how this price protection should work on an 801A Raptor?

MSRP was $77325 when ordered before price increases.

Sticker is now $80,160. This change is reflected in 801A going from $6150 to $4755 and $4180 of price increases.

I believe the price should be $80160 - $4180 = $75980. Is this correct? The change in 801A price is a separate price change that does not affect the $4180 back from Ford. It should not be something like $80160-4180+1395 (difference in 801) = $77,375.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Is there any way for a "Civillian" to find out the incentives available on a specific date, say 11/26/2021.
Unfortunately no.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
There seems to be a lot of debate on if you actually need to add Parking Assist Removal or if Ford will do it automatically. If it's the latter, then under no circumstances should you add it to your Chapman order.
Ford does not delete this automatically, although this will not void your price protection.
Sponsored