First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
What colors can you order with a powerboost? Really wanted leadfoot, space white, or guard..... idk why ford would limit this
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
What colors can you order with a powerboost? Really wanted leadfoot, space white, or guard..... idk why ford would limit this
Mine is a powerboost and is leadfoot. You cant get leadfoot above a lariat trim. The colors are limited by the trims, not the engine.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The Powerboost is only produced at the Dearborn Plant. Unfortunately, both Space White and Guard are only painted at the Claycomo Plant (KC). It is just how Ford does it or does it currently. You can, however, get a Powerboost in Leadfoot, as both are Dearborn options.

If you are considering other colors, the best way to know what is and is not going to match up with Powerboost is to go into the Build/Price Tool on Ford's site, select the truck you want (XLT, Lariat, Ect), then select Powerboost option, and finally start clicking on colors. If it tells you that Powerboost has to be removed, that color is incompatible.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Race red is also KC specific, while Powerboost is DRB specific.

Somewhere was a chart of colors available vs trim and appearance package, and I have no idea where it was shared. But I remember Lead Foot being the rarest as it is exclusive to Sport appearance packages?

But yes some colors are limited by trim, some by plant. I believe Lariat has access to all colors, then some are XL/XLT palette and some are KR/Plat/Limited palette.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Green is sharp, especially in the two-tone Lariat or KR trim.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Green is sharp, especially in the two-tone Lariat or KR trim.
Oddly, guard is not available on the KR in Canada (while it is in the US), so I’m going with rapid red instead.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Oddly, guard is not available on the KR in Canada (while it is in the US), so I’m going with rapid red instead.
Even in the US it is only available up to 600A and non-Powerboost. Once you go 601A it can no longer be built in KC. A Guard KR is a real unicorn based on how uncommon 600A is!

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I just wished the Platinum trim had some chrome delete options (wheels, tailgate banner, mirror backs, quarter panel vent / badge).

Last edited:

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I feel ya. I had to get get used to Ford limiting choices on the 2021 Build/Price set. I was/am happy w/my 2015 XLT 3.5 SuperCab Sport and wanted to duplicate w/ 2021 Powerboost. Nope. To get Powerboost you have to get SuperCrew though I've never had anyone in back seat. OK. Wanted to get 12" productivity instrument cluster. Had to move up to Lariat. OK. Wanted to get AntiMatter Blue. Nope. If you want Sport - I don't want Chrome and picked Carbonized Gray. But I understand these are all first world problems and will adjust and someday enjoy my new truck that I ordered in September.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I feel ya. I had to get get used to Ford limiting choices on the 2021 Build/Price set. I was/am happy w/my 2015 XLT 3.5 SuperCab Sport and wanted to duplicate w/ 2021 Powerboost. Nope. To get Powerboost you have to get SuperCrew though I've never had anyone in back seat. OK. Wanted to get 12" productivity instrument cluster. Had to move up to Lariat. OK. Wanted to get AntiMatter Blue. Nope. If you want Sport - I don't want Chrome and picked Carbonized Gray. But I understand these are all first world problems and will adjust and someday enjoy my new truck that I ordered in September.
Well on the bright side when you flip the seats up in the supercrew it IS a massive, weatherproof cargo area! I love that I can put my road bike in there stood up and just leave it knowing it is secure. I think you'll grow to love the truck regardless.

I agree it is odd to limit color choices in weirdly specific ways. I can understand if you allow infinite permutations of FUNCTIONAL features, you can end up with untested combinations that cause problems. But pain color is non-functional. If it is available at the plant, just allow it for all those trucks!

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Per the 2022 F150 Order Guide, Guard, Kodiak Brown, and Lead Foot were eliminated as available colors.

Atlas Blue was added.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Definitely happy I snagged a lead foot PB before they were gone.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Colors?

lol

Try building a RCSB and see what "options" you CAN'T get!

I got eveything available but power tailgate, sliding rear window and block heater and I STILL maxed out at $8k in options.

At this point... we're lucky they're building any F150s at all.

...when they ARE!
Sponsored