Limitations on Sport Appearance Package

bod925

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So I was trying to build a Lariat with 502A and for some colors, like Antimatter blue, it won't let me choose the sport appearance. I really do not like chrome and the colors I like only let me select chrome package. Is this a glitch? I've looked everywhere and can't find any material by Ford saying the sport package is limited to certain colors. If it is, can you tell me which ones?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Unfortunately, it is not a glitch. That is just how Ford has decided they wanted to combine their colors with their 2021 model year packages.

I went through every color on the build and price tool for you all just to reconfirm. Here are the colors available with the Lariat (and XLT) Sport Appearance package:

-Race Red
-Lead Foot Gray
-Velocity Blue Metallic
-Agate Black
-Iconic Silver
-Space White
-Carbonized Gray
-Oxford White

-Rapid Red

It blocks you out from selecting:

-Guard Green
-Antimatter Blue
-Smoked Quartz

-Star White
-
Kodiak Brown

Likewise, you normally cannot get the more vibrant colors such as Velocity Blue and Race Red on the higher (more "chromey"/fancy trims). For instance, you cannot get a Limited in Race Red. I realized this annoying conflict early on in my build process. I would have really loved to have seen an Antimatter Blue with the Sport Appearance package as it was one of the colors I liked most, but the build and price tool simply wouldn't allow it and made me remove that package from my build in order to equip the color.

I don't know why they do it, but Ford has had these perplexing "rules" for years about how you can spec. out a truck you're trying to build. Hopefully you have a second and third favorite from the list I complied. Good luck with your build!

Last edited:
OP
OP

bod925

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Wow, thanks for the info. Looks like Kodiak also not available on sport package.

Could I order the standard package and have the dealership paint the grill and both bumpers to match paint? I wonder if anyone has done that before.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Wow, thanks for the info. Looks like Kodiak also not available on sport package.

Could I order the standard package and have the dealership paint the grill and both bumpers to match paint? I wonder if anyone has done that before.
You're correct about Kodiak Brown being locked out of the Sport Appearance package as well. I meant to add it to my original reply, but somehow missed it. I've since updated it for reference.

I'm not too sure about that. I've heard others on our forum mention that you can have the bumpers painted body colored on trucks with the Chrome Appearance package in lieu of the chrome finish, but they want a pretty penny for it.

I haven't heard anything about redoing the grille, but if you want that done, I'm sure the aftermarket will have metic tons of interchangeable grilles for the gen. fourteen F-150 within a few months.

Last edited:

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
It's gotta be possible but also $$$. Just have to prioritize what factors are most important for you. For me personally I'd rather put that "beyond the price of the truck" cash on other upgrades like a stainless exhaust system, but everyone's wants are different, you choose! Just be aware it won't be cheap.

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
So I was trying to build a Lariat with 502A and for some colors, like Antimatter blue, it won't let me choose the sport appearance. I really do not like chrome and the colors I like only let me select chrome package. Is this a glitch? I've looked everywhere and can't find any material by Ford saying the sport package is limited to certain colors. If it is, can you tell me which ones?
I wanted the exact Lariat Sport Antimatter Blue as you, so settled for Carbonized Gray. I also wanted a Powerboost SuperCab with 6.5 bed (never have anybody in the back seat) but had to get SuperCrew w/5.5 (Crew w 6.5 won’t fit in garage). I wish Ford was more flexible as well.

Fordfan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Platinum, 2021 Super Duty, 2008 F-350 SC
Occupation
A/C Business Manager
I wanted the exact Lariat Sport Antimatter Blue as you, so settled for Carbonized Gray. I also wanted a Powerboost SuperCab with 6.5 bed (never have anybody in the back seat) but had to get SuperCrew w/5.5 (Crew w 6.5 won’t fit in garage). I wish Ford was more flexible as well.
I noticed a beautifil Lariat SCrew Cgray[sport pkg. at a dealer w/ tow mirrors w/ crome caps
makes no sense, ruined the sport pkg. look

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
I just ordered a 2022. I wanted lead foot gray and was told it is discontinued. I had to go with carbonized gray.
Sponsored