First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 STX 2.7 EB Crew cab
Occupation
Retired
I’d hate to say how many vehicles I’ve had since 1970 but with a couple pine trees (that I plan to cut)my new Ford has so many plastic and rubber strips that collect so many pine needles and other debris that are hard to remove
Maybe many new trucks are similar
It takes a step ladder to wash it as well and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to properly wash top of cab so I use a long handle mom deal
Those recessed grooves running forward to rear above doors require careful rubbing/cleaning because they tend to stain
I like to keep it looking new and even hand wash the inside fender liners and visible frame areas because they look so sharp on this truck
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Had the same problem with pine needles and sap, the answer was to cut down the offending tree! 😆

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
I little off topic, but my wife and I camp a lot in Northern Michigan, and at most of the places we go to have tons of pine trees and lots of sap. While camping I tried to get the sap off and was finding nothing that work that good. My wife suggest trying the huge abundance of hand sanitizer we had in the truck during the big COVID scare. Totally surprised, this stuff work GREAT! I did wash the truck thoroughly and rewaxed after we got home but it was the cheapest and best thing that worked.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I little off topic, but my wife and I camp a lot in Northern Michigan, and at most of the places we go to have tons of pine trees and lots of sap. While camping I tried to get the sap off and was finding nothing that work that good. My wife suggest trying the huge abundance of hand sanitizer we had in the truck during the big COVID scare. Totally surprised, this stuff work GREAT! I did wash the truck thoroughly and rewaxed after we got home but it was the cheapest and best thing that worked.
I've also had success removing sap by pouring a little gasoline on a microfiber tower and soaking the sap, it dissolves very quickly and wipes right off. :)

OP
OP

Dizz

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Isopropyl alcohol is known as one best ways to remove tree sap of any kind I like the 90% versions
A follow up washing after
Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol so it would work good and many have it now so excellent tip!

Sponsored

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
Isopropyl alcohol is known as one best ways to remove tree sap of any kind I like the 90% versions
A follow up washing after
Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol so it would work good and many have it now so excellent tip!
Dizz, I agree with you 100%, the alcohol is the key, but I think the glycerin in the gel type hand sanitizer help keep the alcohol from evaporating so fast. Either way, you can't go wrong.

OP
OP

Dizz

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes sir thanks!