First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
Just picked up a new 22 powerboost and a week or two later found a paint bubble in the flatbed. Dealer said it's warranty and can do it mid Feb, will have the truck for a week. My bedrug was just delivered and I'm eager to get a topper as well. The only thing I'm really worried about is the paint chipping off at some point and unwinding the paint job back there. Trying to decide if I care because I'll either have the bedrug, or Line-X if for some reason I don't like the bedrug, over the top of it. So, Internet folks, would you care or just toss the bedrug in and get on with your life?

Ford F-150 Paint bubble in flatbed, do I care? PXL_20221208_150611630
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
me personally.. cover it up and forget it. I get trying to keep a truck bed looking nice, and it sucks it came from the factory that way , but they are trucks! meant to be used and abused in the bed. if some day it gets really bad, then Line-X it. but honestly if its covered and not disturbed nothing with probably ever happen to it. throw that bed rug in there and enjoy the truck!!

and if in a month or two it still bothers you, then schedule the repair.

by the way, nice color choice!

Last edited:

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
My opinion would be to cover it and forget it, especially if it would mean being at the dealer for a week. The only way I might have it fixed is if they are giving you a loaner vehicle and you don't need your truck for anything.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
☝ Agreed

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
If i thought there was any possibility of it coming open i would just sand it out and put a blob of touch up paint and clear.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
That's not a bubble, it's sealer under the paint. If you get the bed lined they (should) get that off there before they spray because they have to scuff the surface anyways. So you don't have to worry about it bursting open or anything like that, but you could have a white spot on the bed if you scrape it with something while loading the bed

OP
OP

that1guy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Cloud Engineer
Thanks everyone, I'll be able to sleep tonight

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
does anybody other than me not really like the aluminum beds? I get stressed whenever i rachet something and i hear creeks and little pops

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just picked up a new 22 powerboost and a week or two later found a paint bubble in the flatbed. Dealer said it's warranty and can do it mid Feb, will have the truck for a week. My bedrug was just delivered and I'm eager to get a topper as well. The only thing I'm really worried about is the paint chipping off at some point and unwinding the paint job back there. Trying to decide if I care because I'll either have the bedrug, or Line-X if for some reason I don't like the bedrug, over the top of it. So, Internet folks, would you care or just toss the bedrug in and get on with your life?

PXL_20221208_150611630.jpg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Trucks are meant to be used but not abused. Every truck I've owned has shown dents, scratches and such after a short while of ownership. Maybe scratch the heck out of the bed and that paint bubble will disappear. Or just buy a bed mat.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'd bring it up to the dealer at the least. You may be able to work out a deal with them and get the bed liner done for a lower out of pocket cost.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I'd check to see if the paint is loose. If so remove all the loose paint, cover with touch-up and give it a few days to cure. Then have a spray in liner applied and forget all about it.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
If it was me, I would carefully inspect the rest of the truck to make sure that's the only spot, and if it is, get line-x and move on.

It would make me want to give my truck the once over really good. If it happened there, who knows where else it could have happened.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
If it was me, I would carefully inspect the rest of the truck to make sure that's the only spot, and if it is, get line-x and move on.

It would make me want to give my truck the once over really good. If it happened there, who knows where else it could have happened.
It happens WAYYYYY more than people realize, however, MOST of it is caught in the assembly plant
Sponsored