First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
So today while getting on the freeway my truck had a service engine light come on. Shortly after a CEL came on. I called the dealer and brought it in right away. Turns out the turbo waste gate is stuck open. The truck makes very little boost. Now Instead of it’s nickname being SPARKY150 it’s SLOW150. The dealer is ordering a whole NEW TURBO for the truck. My truck just hit 9,000 miles last night. Unfortunately this is not an April Fools joke either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
So today while getting on the freeway my truck had a service engine light come on. Shortly after a CEL came on. I called the dealer and brought it in right away. Turns out the turbo watergate is stuck open. The truck makes very little boost. Now Instead of it’s nickname being SPARKY150 it’s SLOW150. The dealer is ordering a whole NEW TURBO for the truck. My truck just hit 9,000 miles last night. Unfortunately this is not an April Fools joke either.
Sorry to hear that...FIY.... it is called a waste gate, opens to let boost out when you back off on the gas and not force air under high pressure into the motor.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Awww, don't rename her. It isn't her fault :cry:

OP
OP
SPARKY150

SPARKY150

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Electrician
Sorry to hear that...FIY.... it is called a waste gate, opens to let boost out when you back off on the gas and not force air under high pressure into the motor.
My bad autocorrect lol 😂 you are 100% correct
Sponsored