Sponsored

Powerboost and ProPower shortage

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Glad I got my 22 Powerboost when I did. I guess with demand high it’s still worth a lot right now however, I don’t think I’d get rid of it. Also, haven’t seen any issues with the heat exchanger leaking as of yet. I have seen water dripping under the truck when I start it up but that was the condensation leaking out of the muffler. Just keep that in mind. I guess I’m lucky to have a 2022 Powerboost with 7.2 ProPower and the 360 camera package.
F38589F8-6B9C-42E3-978D-6BF6A4606A32.jpeg
Very nice truck! Even Fluffy looks impressed. :)
Sponsored

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
The plus side of chrome is the bumper can tak some rock hits without a problem. My 21 Ecoboost had a couple chips in the bumper from rocks.

OP
OP
Tharnett78

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
The plus side of chrome is the bumper can tak some rock hits without a problem. My 21 Ecoboost had a couple chips in the bumper from rocks.
That is true and a really positive look at it. Thanks!

Fiberfinn

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 power boost
Occupation
Retired
Is the defective exhaust heat exchanger the only reason you are walking?
Or is there something you don't like about the Powerboost as a truck?

I'd be super annoyed waiting on warranty repairs for as long as folks currently wait these days. But it'd be hard to drive a non Powerboost after having one for better than a year. I don't think anything else can match it. At least not for an RV'r
I purchased the powerboost back in March, 2022. It was the only F-150 they had with a 6.5 foot bed. My first disappointment was when I discovered that the payload was only 1380#. My second disappointment was when putting it reverse and it was running electric there would not be a smooth backing up. It tended to lurch back a little which made it more difficult to hook up a boat. Then came the leak only 3 months after purchase. Initially the mechanics could not find the leak and told me that it was probably condensation from the exhaust weep holes. However, when pulling my 31 foot trailer to Seward I got the coolant overheating message and the coolant level was down below the minimum level. Eventually they used dye in the system and discovered the leak. I’ve had several folks (including mechanics) tell me not to buy a vehicle with significant changes during the first couple of years of production. The dealer I purchased it from has had a lot of issues with the powerboost units. The powerboost probably doesn’t fit our lifestyle. We live in Alaska and our short driving trips are made with our Escape. We use the truck for our fishing trips, trips to the cabin etc. and the powerboost wasn’t specifically designed for highway mileage. I made a round trip to Seward with one of our three loaners that had a 3.5 eco-boost and it got a little better highway mileage than the powerboost. Ironically, the replacement part that finally arrived had a broken piece so they had to combine parts from the old exchanger with the new one to get me back on the road. I got word yesterday from Ford that my buy-back request does qualify and someone will be contacting me within 5 days. I’m fearful that this is just the beginning of issues and down the road my trade-in or resale value will be negatively impacted so I feel getting rid of the unit now is in my best interest. by the way, I am not the only one on this site who has had the same heat exchanger issue. I wish you the best with yours.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yes sir. I've followed the exhaust heat exchanger thread vigilantly. :)

Thanks for the explanation!
And good luck with your next truck. Hope you get a really good one.

Sponsored

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
So far, no leak on my PB. I think there were some heat exchangers that had problems and maybe mine is not one of those. I don’t have 1500 miles yet so time will tell. My 21 Ecoboost started the battery issues just before I traded it for my PB.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Got a call from my dealer today (Alberta, Canada) and she received a bulletin from Ford Canada stating that there is a shortage of both Powerboost engines (electric motors, I presume) and ProPower components.

She called to tell me that she didn't think my truck would be built at all (I ordered in June)

I was disappointed but ended up finding one very similar and close by.

I am now a proud owner (waiting for it to arrive) of a 2022 Powerboost xlt 302a in Carbonized Grey.

It doesn't have the Max Tow, 360° cameras and the Atlas Blue two tone that I wanted but it does have the 7.2 kw propower (which was a necessity) and it comes with the moonroof and tailgate step (which I didn't order but will live with).

I guess this post is a heads up to anyone waiting on a Powerboost in Canada, maybe give your dealer a call if haven't received any word on your order.

Good luck everyone!
Well, you did good on no max tow(avoided the bolt issue), the 360 camera is nice, that stinks. The tailgate step is nice when you need it. Good to put you work boots on with if it's muddy, etc. There's several other uses as well. Glad you got your truck.
Sponsored