First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I have contemplated buying the ESP and keeping my 21 PB Lariat 502A for the long haul. Pardon the pun. Given that I got mine fully loaded before all of the supply chain deletes started being the new norm, I feel like I got away with a good deal on a very high end truck. It would cost me a good $8k more to get the same model now, and chances are it will not have everything that mine does now.
However, the one thing that scares me most is the EV battery. What will this thing be like after 100k miles? Will it still hold charge? Will it start to deteriorate rapidly? And the big question what will a replacement cost, installed?
has anybody looked into any of this? Any ideas on what we can expect down the road? If I’m going to incur a $5-10k replacement, then that plays into the decision.
Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
You already have a 100,000 mile, 8 year warranty on the battery and battery drive system. Would an ESP cover beyond that? Do you plan on keeping the truck longer than the warranty period?

ESP companies aren't stupid either, I'd read the fine print on coverage of batteries and hybrid battery systems. I'd be willing to bet they have some kind of "prorated" language that would give you a lot less than the cost of a new battery replacement after 8 years of service life.

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I was considering 125k ESP. So yes, beyond the 100k original. I suspect you’re correct in reading the fine print. I am going to go through it all with a fine tooth comb.
Sponsored