m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 mustang
Occupation
engineer
My vehicle was built as of 8/31/22.
I've been poking around to see if it was actually shipped or just sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to be picked up.
Checking ford protech I see there was an OTA update today 9/27/22 at about 10am for the GWM.
Could that mean someone actually got into the car to approve it? Can an OTA update wake up a vehicle after a long sleep? In factory mode (maybe) ? Just trying to get a better understanding.
Sponsored

Fire105

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Occupation
DPW / fire fighter
Mine supposedly shipped today build date of 8/28 I called at lunch they said it was held for a program update but was assigned a rail car out of KC plant heading to Nj.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could that mean someone actually got into the car to approve it?
I'm not sure about your other questions, but OTA's that do not require the vehicle to be inhibited will self-install without anyone having to physically approve it.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
My vehicle was built as of 8/31/22.
I've been poking around to see if it was actually shipped or just sitting in a lot somewhere waiting to be picked up.
Checking ford protech I see there was an OTA update today 9/27/22 at about 10am for the GWM.
Could that mean someone actually got into the car to approve it? Can an OTA update wake up a vehicle after a long sleep? In factory mode (maybe) ? Just trying to get a better understanding.
If it came from the factory with Auto-Updates set to on then its feasible that an update was pushed to you truck without any human intervention. If it went into deep sleep mode though, I don't think that's possible.
Sponsored