Ordering confusion!

KerryP

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Trying to make sense of 2023 F150 XLT ordering options. I have a 2021 F150 XLT in Rapid Red with cloth seats. I have tried to order a 2023 F150 XLT with the same combination of options only to find out I can't. You can no longer get the Rapid Red in the XLT but can get it in the Lariat model at a higher cost. I do not want want a Lariat mainly because I don't want leather seats. Not sure what the reason could possibly be for discontinuing Rapid Red in the XLT model. Can anyone shed a light on this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

KerryP

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
It is a lease. I love the truck but I prefer to lease and not buy.

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I can tell you I just tried out of boredom to build my '21 Rapid Red 157" wb 302a Powerboost as a '23 to see what it would cost now and the configurator refused to give it to me in that color. I wonder if to simply the manufacturing process to help fight backlogs Ford is limiting some Color options on certain trims. Easier to paint 500 trucks in a row one of two colors than 6 different ones, or something like that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I can tell you I just tried out of boredom to build my '21 Rapid Red 157" wb 302a Powerboost as a '23 to see what it would cost now and the configurator refused to give it to me in that color. I wonder if to simply the manufacturing process to help fight backlogs Ford is limiting some Color options on certain trims. Easier to paint 500 trucks in a row one of two colors than 6 different ones, or something like that.
They dont batch paint in one color, for many years now with the robots they can paint every truck in line a different color thanks to a multi tip spray head

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just FYI all of the (current) Color & Trim Availability options are in the (current) Order Guide starting on PDF page 40.

As to 'why' they are what they are ..... :unsure: .

Attachments

OP
OP

KerryP

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I know I am older but seems to me the new colors are geared to younger drivers.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
you can get chili pepper red i think in XLT. its not rapid red (one of the best colors IMO) but its close-ish

OP
OP

KerryP

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
It looks like orange to me! Maybe I am color blind!

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
It looks like orange to me! Maybe I am color blind!
but it has "red" in its name :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but yes, its a little orange-ish but i would suggest stepping down to a dealer to see if they have one on the lot. you may like it

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
you can get chili pepper red i think in XLT. its not rapid red (one of the best colors IMO) but its close-ish

Those two colors are not remotely close if you have seen both in person. The "red" in chilli pepper red is a misnomer. It looks more like orange.

OP, you just have to find yourself a 2022. You can't get RR in XLT in 2023. There are no "whys" it just is. It is a great color. I agonized between that and black for my truck.

OP
OP

KerryP

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Not sure what Ford Motor is thinking. My prediction is less F150 trucks will be sold in 2023 based on color selection alone.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
Those two colors are not remotely close if you have seen both in person. The "red" in chilli pepper red is a misnomer. It looks more like orange.
I agonized between that and black for my truck.
so if i had my way, i'd have a my exact truck in Rapid Red...problem was NO FORD DEALERSHIP near me had one. the ONLY 157" Lariat/Platinum SCrew 4x4 i found near me in RR was a 501A. no platinums.

there were a few short box out there but i wanted the 6.5'.
I love Rapid Red. Hell, Agate wasnt in my top 3. Rapid Red, Atlas Blue, Tri White, Agate...
Problem was finding one. i'm sure i could have really expanded my search to find one but when my truck popped up locally (25 min away) i decided i get 99% of what i want except the color.

Anyway, when i mentioned chili pepper "red" being close to Rapid i guess i was being a bit sarcastic. haha my bad.
Sponsored