Sponsored

Off-Center Leaf Spring

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I was just looking under my truck and noticed that the driver's side leaf spring is off-centered. The passenger side is fine so I just wanted to know if that's normal? I guess I could loosen up the u-bolts, center it and fasten them back down, but I guess I want to know is this a symptom of something else that I should be concerned about?
Ford F-150 Off-Center Leaf Spring IMG_6234
Sponsored

svt2205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
My 22 XLT is the same. I noticed that when it was new and I was installing my Bilstein shocks. I checked the ubolts to be sure they were tight, which they were and nearly 40k miles later nothing has changed or happened. Unlikely that it will become a problem. Just more signs of the overall lack of quality control with Ford and their suppliers.

My truck was built in the Kansas City plant in March of 22.

Hope this helps.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Same here. 2021, Kansa City, was like that 3 ish years ago. Now it looks like its about to fall off. So I'm looking to re align, unload, loosen hammer/C Clamp it straight? re torque. Saw some posts about loose U bolts that you can re torque on F150's. Saw a few posts about Rangers having same issue. "fanning" ?, one roll pin, one center bolt? Saw one guy did it himself. Need to be sure pin is still intact I think. I think our pins are part of the block material if you have one of the 2 or 3 different blocks. No block (non 4x4), 1" , 1.5" or 2" for Tremor I think. I may get Ford dealer to look at it. But I don't really trust them to respect anything under warranty or fix anything correctly, or ... sometimes.... LOL Maybe good time to put 2 or 3" blocks in too.
Yours look like they will be ok to me. I'd find torque spec and check/set torque on U bolts? Then just keep an eye on them. But I'm no expert.
Anyone have some experience or ideas let us know.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
one side in my truck the same, now at 30k no issues. I removed my blocks and still left it alone.
Our leaf packs have 2 center pins, FWIW

OP
OP
Blue22

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
To update this, when I had my truck at the dealer's for it's yearly inspection, I mentioned it to them and they fixed it under warranty.

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
To update this, when I had my truck at the dealer's for it's yearly inspection, I mentioned it to them and they fixed it under warranty.
Awesome. Thanks for info. I'll make an appointment tomorrow.

ericm88

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
I have the same thing on my drivers side. Do you know if their fix was just loosen, reposition, and re-torque?