Sponsored

Anyone have instructions on how to do the trailer brake recall?

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I am just wondering because I have a mongoose and FDRS for a few weeks still so I would rather just do it myself if I can rather than take it back to the dealer again. I am pretty sure its just a software update but I ran all the updates and still have the recall notification in the app so I assume that the trailer brake recall if its just software is under a different section of FDRS?
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
You can apply the software update yourself, but you won't be able to clear the recall notification. One user posted that their dealership wouldn't clear the recall despite no active software updates and their TRM showing the correct software version.

maxinike

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 powerboost, ranger 2020 and lawn tractor
It can be done by OTA and that clear the recall notice

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
ok I likely already installed it as I did update the TRM

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
You can apply the software update yourself, but you won't be able to clear the recall notification. One user posted that their dealership wouldn't clear the recall despite no active software updates and their TRM showing the correct software version.
It really depends on the dealer. I updated the TRM myself. After a few weeks of it not clearing on its own (which I expected), I went to a dealer, explained in detail what I did and that all I was asking the dealer to do was verify the current software version in the TRM and inform Ford so the recall could be cleared from the system. The dealer did exactly what I asked—even wrote in the ticket the software version they found. Recall notifications cleared by the next morning.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Yeah, it will definitely depend on the dealership. My truck got it OTA but before Ford started clearing recall notifications. Dealer cleared the notification when I took it in for the recall. YMMV when dealing with a dealership if you didn't already know.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I probably won’t get a recall as my controller was dealer installed when I bought the truck.
The controller is on the purchase agreement tho.
Will dealers still look into updates or recalls on a dealer installed item?
I’ve not yet hooked anything up to the back and mostly got it for “just in case” (same as 4x4)
I don’t drag stuff around like used to.
Sponsored