Anyone Else Have Squeaky Brakes?

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I bought my 2021 F-150 in February of this year, and about 3 months ago the brakes started to squeak as I came to a stop. It only happens when going slowly through a parking lot of for the last 5-10 mph when coming to a stop, but I have never had a new car with squeaky brakes before. I have about 10,000 miles on it. Before I take it into the dealership, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
One thing to try before going to the dealer, find an open stretch of road where to can go 50-60 and then jam on the brakes until you're almost at a stop. Do that 2-3 times and then drive gently with little brake use so they can cool. See if the noise is still there after they've had time to cool. Could just be a bad spot on the pads/rotors and a few times of hard braking may clean it up.

OP
OP

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
One thing to try before going to the dealer, find an open stretch of road where to can go 50-60 and then jam on the brakes until you're almost at a stop. Do that 2-3 times and then drive gently with little brake use so they can cool. See if the noise is still there after they've had time to cool. Could just be a bad spot on the pads/rotors and a few times of hard braking may clean it up.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Mine squeak a bit in reverse. Not enough to make a big deal about.

Chenko24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Ecobbost 3.5L tuned + performance mods
Occupation
Supervisor
Yes mine do. Took it back to the dealer... they cleaned them reinstalled them and I got it back was good for about a day. Took it back.... ordered new pads... pads on back order.....got them changed finally after 2 weeks or so..... no issues after that for about an hour. Took it back and was told nothing else they could do..... as they checked the rotors and new pads.... It's just the characteristics of the pads. This drives me nuts..... calling Ford soon.

UPDATE: Ford Canada asked me to take it to another dealership and let them know the pads were replaced and to see what else they can find. I do have a complaint filed as well about the brake squeal and he said if enough complaints are made they'll then act on it. But to try and see what the other dealership says and let him know if it continues to squeal. My solution is aftermarket set of pads and rotors.....but I'm not paying as I already paid for a new vehicle that shouldn't have this issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
I’ve got the same issue, 8k miles, squeaks very loudly when I lightly use the brakes while moving such as parking lots. Dealer said they can’t do anything because it’s normal due to daily rust on surface of rotors.

i did some research and found that ford uses a metallic brakepad (likely cheaper ones my guess) and those metallic bits can make them more prone to noise. My plan is once the pads wear out or I can’t stand it anymore to get higher quality ceramic ones.

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
I’ve got the same issue, 8k miles, squeaks very loudly when I lightly use the brakes while moving such as parking lots. Dealer said they can’t do anything because it’s normal due to daily rust on surface of rotors.

i did some research and found that ford uses a metallic brakepad (likely cheaper ones my guess) and those metallic bits can make them more prone to noise. My plan is once the pads wear out or I can’t stand it anymore to get higher quality ceramic ones.
Mine is the same, normally in parking lots 12,000 miles KR.

I will have dealer look at next tire rotation.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
Same, Feb '21 delivery, ~11k miles, started squeaking at low speeds a two or three months ago.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Mine squeak like crazy when I back out of the garage. Hey there is my neighbor with his brand new FORD with less than 10k miles and it already has squeaky brakes.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Same here, I have 5k miles. It happens every morning

Last edited:

DVT413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Same here. 8k miles. It is really aggravating and might even prevent me from buying another F150. It's ridiculously loud.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Same here. Brakes have loud squeal when starting out.
Goes away after initial use, but embarrassingly loud.
I sound like the garbage truck is backing out of my drive every morning!

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 21 Iconic Silver STX
Same issue ~3k miles. Very loud when reversing out of the drive way. Then goes away a few miles into the drive.
Sponsored