Not a skid plate - official name?

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Anybody know what the fiber board like protection or aerodynamic plate is called under the engine/ tranny? held on by 4 screws and mine ripped on the back and was dragging. a pocket knife to make a hole and a few zip ties for the roadside fix but I’d like to buy a new one.

i helped a guy at a rest area rip his off last year as it was dragging from the front folded under. followed him for 10 miles hoping he’d pull over so I could tell him.

I’ve searched by every name I can think of and no luck. Hoping to find it online and just order it. Getting to the dealership during their hours is a pian.

thanks
Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I have one I would sell you. I put on a Raptor steel skid on mine.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Snow catcher...?
I removed it on my 2011 as it just kept getting full of snow and eventually dragging ground. Never noticed any MPG difference. I'll remove it from my 2021 if it becomes a problem. The aftermarket skid plates seem a better option and bonus as catalytic converter protection.

I can't find it on parts websites, only see skid plates. 🤷‍♂️

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
The fiber board cover or steel one?

Sponsored

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
Snow catcher describes it well. Mine was ripped off this winter and I had the dealer replace. Unfortunately I don’t think I still have the receipt but in Ford Pass it looks like I probably spent about $200. Seems like a lot for that skimpy “skid plate” but the new one seemed like better quality than the original when I looked at it. May have just been my imagination.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Those stock fiber based splash plates are doomed to fail. Take a look at all the 18+ trucks driving around with them falling off. Get an FX4 skid plate or Raptor

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Anybody know what the fiber board like protection or aerodynamic plate is called under the engine/ tranny? held on by 4 screws and mine ripped on the back and was dragging. a pocket knife to make a hole and a few zip ties for the roadside fix but I’d like to buy a new one.

i helped a guy at a rest area rip his off last year as it was dragging from the front folded under. followed him for 10 miles hoping he’d pull over so I could tell him.

I’ve searched by every name I can think of and no luck. Hoping to find it online and just order it. Getting to the dealership during their hours is a pian.

thanks
Try Under Cover or Splash Shield

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

thanks
If it’s what I think it is, the official name is “engine rear undershield.” Section 501-02 of the repair manual.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Under Cover - Ford (ML3Z-7222-D), I think they redesigned the part. It use to end in -A.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I see those things flapping everyday under trucks and laugh. I removed it at the first oil change and in the trash it went. It was wet and heavy, the exhaust weep hole drains on it and had a soft spot. I asked a tech at the dealer and he said its sound proofing, I hear no difference without.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

thanks
Thought that was to reduce noice.

Only the "TOP" models got them. My guess is to make it more like a car since those trucks never get used like an actual truck.

😀

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Engine Splash Shield, front (or center)
Sponsored