• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
My tinfoil hat tells me they ended early because the conversion rate was going south and they didnt want to trickle out endless micro-waves of invitations just to get the last projected platinum sold. They also didnt want to start wave 6 with nothing but platinum left because it might just plain look bad.

They're probably lining up MY 2023 to be a part of their Model E push. It's possible the number of dealers will become more exclusive with model E and the no Haggle(Saturn) approach. They were probably annoyed and frustrated with the PR mess and want to close off EV's from traditional dealers soon before relaunching ordering for possibly both 2023 Mach E and Lightning under model E . It doesn't answer how ordering will look like, but I suspect the ADM will not be a factor next MY.

I dont think Prices will go up in any staggering way like Rivian did. Rivian blamed inflation, but I think Rivian's real problem was they didnt know how to properly cost out their build process.
I think your tin (probably mostly aluminum) hat leads close to truth.

I think this is a swift move (including the letter) by Mr. Marin Gjaja to shut down the bleeding and change Ford's EV Marketing into a new direction. (y)

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/people/marin-gjaja.html

Marin Gjaja is chief customer officer, Ford Model e, effective March 2, 2022. He reports to Jim Farley, Ford president and CEO.

Gjaja leads Ford Model e’s customer experience organization, including marketing, sales, distribution, service and charging. He is part of the founding team at Ford Model e, and his team will work with Ford’s dealers globally to develop and deploy all aspects of the new customer experience for Ford’s electric vehicle portfolio. Many of the innovations and capabilities around eCommerce, pricing, remote test driving and services, dealer inventory, paperwork simplification, and personalized delivery and service will be applied over time across the entire Ford business.

Gjaja joined Ford from BCG, where he was a senior partner and managing director. During his 25-year career at BCG, he led BCG’s business in the U.S Midwest, led BCG’s Global Consumer Products business, and served clients in consumer, retail, technology, health care and capital goods businesses, including automotive. He focused on working with senior leadership teams of large companies that wanted to strategically transform and grow their companies by better understanding their customers and competitors, building capabilities and delivering profitable growth. He also did extensive work in the social and public sectors.

Jim Farley will serve as president of Ford Model e, in addition to his role as CEO and president of Ford. Doug Field, Ford chief advanced technology and embedded systems officer with extensive experience at Apple and Tesla, will lead product creation as chief EV and digital systems officer for Ford Model e and also lead development of software and embedded systems for all of Ford.

The Model e team includes: Marin Gjaja, a former Boston Consulting managing director, who becomes chief customer officer also heading new business initiatives; Lisa Drake moves from chief operating officer of Ford North America to vice president of EV industrialization, and Darren Palmer, who moves from general manager of battery electric vehicles to vice president of electric vehicle platforms.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I dont think Prices will go up in any staggering way like Rivian did. Rivian blamed inflation, but I think Rivian's real problem was they didnt know how to properly cost out their build process.
I'm guessing there will be a $1500-3000 price increase across the board for MY23 Lightnings. I also expect the Pro trim to be limited to fleet orders next year.

The sub-$40K electric truck was a marketing ploy that invited comparison to the Cybertruck's base model. Now that they've made their point, I don't really see them offering it for retail orders. There are too many people lining up for higher-margin trims to make it worthwhile.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Got the same e-mail. No big surprise. Going to wait on the slim chance that I can get a Pro in 2023-2024. Also have a Silverado reservation for what that's worth. Hopefully other options (Ram, Toyota, etc) come on line 2024, 2025 and the automotive market returns to some sense of normalcy in the next 2-3 years.

Gotta keep things in perspective. Ford might be doing me a solid, by making me wait.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Tinfoil hat on: maybe Ford thinks they’re leaving money on the table by letting people order at 2022 pricing? Some people even opting for the lowly (gasp) Pro? Maybe they want to nip this in the bud and push everyone into MY 23 with its undoubtedly “adjusted” pricing? Hey, just asking a few questions here…
No Tinfoil required. After what Rivian did, Ford has no reason to not chase higher margins with, arguably, a better product.

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Im in the same boat. Gonna enjoy my powerboost xlt. Kinda glad now I was able to get ford to knock 5k off the price when I got it in 2021...something now that's impossible to do.
While waiting to order in 2023 Whenever that comes... just trying to find a cheap commuter car in the meantime to keep some of the miles off my truck. Finding it hard to find something in good shape that hasn't been wrecked--such as a clean title. Rebuilt titled Cars are flooding the market like crazy!!! The car market sucks!!!!

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
No Tinfoil required. After what Rivian did, Ford has no reason to not chase higher margins with, arguably, a better product.
Ford is looking for Volume. They're not going to do that with an average price in the 80's. I just don't see them aggressively moving up the prices. The conversion rates were tanking by wave 5 for 15,000 trucks... they're not going to convert 200,000 a year averaging in the 80's if they cant get enthusiasts to buy up every last Platinum of the MY2022.

When Rivian moved up prices there was mass outrage and cancellations.

hahahano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I did not receive this email, oddly enough, and have not received an invitation on any of the waves. It's not in spam either. Don't tease me Ford!

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Seems Ford doesn't want to sell me anything. Still have no idea when I might get the Bronco I reserved in July 2020. Reserved a Lightning and had the confirmation email back from Ford within 2 minutes of the reveal going live. I get the same email today :(

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm at the Order page on ford for the MME GT Performance; what's your take on it since you own one?
Not who you asked, but we have a Mach-e GT (non performance edition) and it is great. Absolutely love. It. Fun to drive, economical, and looks great. I have a 2019 GT350 as a 3 season fun car and the Mach-e would blow it away in almost any street legal situation. It is also really good in the snow if that matters to you.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I did not receive this email, oddly enough, and have not received an invitation on any of the waves. It's not in spam either. Don't tease me Ford!
This is odd, call customer service to verify no offer was mailed.

Have you logged onto your Ford account to confirm an offer to build is still open?

It does not makes sense to think you are pre-staged for a wave-6, based on the wording in todays email, I would think ALL means ALL offers are out now.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
So you think Ford will just shut down the plant for a few weeks or so when they run out of 2022 orders to build until 2023 Job1?

Or maybe they got enough people to convert to orders from the first 5 waves to satisfy the number they planned to build.

You tell me which one sounds more plausible.
Chillax dude. Just blowing off some steam here! I’m sure if it was one of the two options you listed, Ford would have said so in the email, right? I mean they don’t have anything to hide, right? Again, just asking a few questions….

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got same email.

I am bummed!:(
How did you spec it? I've specd one a couple times and am never happy with the price to bells and whistles ratio... I have a wave 2 lightning coming eventually, but am still looking at a powerboat if I don't like it when it arrives...

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I am actually pleased that I got this email. I wanted a 2023 model year because it will have fewer bugs. So I suppose I am one of the few that views this as a big win!

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
It will be interesting to see what Ford does with pricing for MY 2023. For the Bronco, they locked in the first year pricing for reservation holders who did not order and I am hoping they do the same for the Lightning.
Sponsored