Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Trailer light check, PPOB status and zone lighting were all factors in my decision to order a new F150. They have all disappeared from the app and now I am regretting ordering the truck. Very sad!!! Im honestly thinking about not accepting the truck when it arrives in a few weeks. FORD makes me want to buy a Chevy.
Ummmmm. I think maybe some of us might need to go get in our trucks and go get it muddy or something.

You really gonna choose a truck based on the accompanying Iphone app?

What happened to us?

Honda probably has the best app.
I don't know if you can haul much though.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
If I were to judge based on this forum, Ford had already pizzed off 3/4 of the Gen1 F150 owners long before they ever released V5 of FordPass.

But it's probably not an exaggeration that there will be folks that will "never by another Ford product" because the app is missing zone lighting. 😁

I want remote control over the vehicle. That's what the app first flirted with and implied a really cool direction. But as I have stated ad nauseum, most of those kinds of features would ride on top of a Bluetooth connection and the additional security requirements.

But if PAAK obstacles were deemed worthy to overcome, then obviously Ford has set precedent that they are willing.

As for the timing of moving to the new platform before having it further developed? If I had to guess a decision/timelime was set at sometime in the past to NOT to continue to develop and support two platforms. This isn't just a new user interface. It's built on all new backend too.

Not excusing.
Just explaining what probably influenced the timing.
True, most members here, start here because they are having a problem and are disappointed with Ford's service to resolve those problems. It's honestly the reason I joined the forum 3 years ago, and you know my story. ;)

Ford, sold these trucks touting there new advanced software, they even showed it off in there television commercials. As of now these features have seemingly been eliminated, without mention of there return. Maybe in future updates we will see the return of these features. But it's kind of like Microsoft saying here's our new windows program, we'll let you know when it works with MS office again but for now look how great it is. They would delay rollout until it works.

I still don't see any advantages to PAAK yet, what do you do when you valet the car or drop it at the dealer? Say your at your freinds house and you drop your phone in the pool, now what do you do? How do you loan your truck to a friend to run to Home Depot? Is this just all of the manufacturers trying to do some cost cutting? Replacement FOB's are expensive at the dealer, but I'm certain they probably have them made in China for less than 20 bucks. And the chip in that fob will start the vehicle every time, battery or not. I might have just talked myself out of the advanced features of Fordpass. 🤷‍♂️

Mechanically Ford does build a great vehicle, obviously some turn into lemons, I've always had great Trucks from them. But a software company they are not! Let's hope they eventually figure this out.

Last edited:

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Ummmmm. I think maybe some of us might need to go get in our trucks and go get it muddy or something.

You really gonna choose a truck based on the accompanying Iphone app?

What happened to us?

Honda probably has the best app.
I don't know if you can haul much though.
I'll definitely complain about this neutered app, but it also would not sway any decision about what brand to buy. Hyundai has a decent app as well but I don't think I'm putting 30' of TT behind a Santa Cruz 🤣

Shane150

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Construction
It would be nice if @Ford Motor Company could provide us with an answer as to why so many features were removed. Removed features has surely made a lot of owners unhappy and we could all come to terms with it if they spare us the courteously and explain. Truck was purchased with a set of features and taking away those features will not look good on the company. It is always nice to improve features and add to them and it will be a poor decision to degrade features and/or remove them.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would be nice if @Ford Motor Company could provide us with an answer as to why so many features were removed. Removed features has surely made a lot of owners unhappy and we could all come to terms with it if they spare us the courteously and explain. Truck was purchased with a set of features and taking away those features will not look good on the company. It is always nice to improve features and add to them and it will be a poor decision to degrade features and/or remove them.
So true.
If they aren't going to communicate, at least from a marketing point of view, then I don't understand why they would "announce" the new app.

Surely they can't feel blindsided by the negative backlash?

While it might be understandable that they don't share with us the nuts & bolts of what they are doing and why, they should be courageous enough to tell us what's "coming soon".

Because you KNOW they know.
Why take the public flogging with so little effort to stave it off?

The disconnect is so vast. So self inflicted.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
They released it on a Friday before holiday weekend so they don't have to deal with answering phone calls from upset users.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
So true.
If they aren't going to communicate, at least from a marketing point of view, then I don't understand why they would "announce" the new app.

Surely they can't feel blindsided by the negative backlash?

While it might be understandable that they don't share with us the nuts & bolts of what they are doing and why, they should be courageous enough to tell us what's "coming soon".

Because you KNOW they know.
Why take the public flogging with so little effort to stave it off?

The disconnect is so vast. So self inflicted.
Flogging is an apt term, I just peaked at the most recent views in the iOS App Store… saw some familiar names but there are a LOT of disappointed and downright angry reviews.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
They released it on a Friday before holiday weekend so they don't have to deal with answering phone calls from upset users.
Yes, and they completely blindsided all of the people that were expecting to use the app over the holiday to go camping and use the features of Fordpass to check there trailer lights, and use zone lighting. Poor timing 😢

Sponsored

ThePnsh3r

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
app has been trashed. Traded having to hold a button for 3 seconds to remote start/stop vehicle for a bunch of really useful features removed. Whatever project team conceived, approved and promulgated this update - absolutely needs to be gone. For good! ::curse: you’ve beyond missed the mark of what your customers want and need. Absolutely destroyed the app.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Flogging is an apt term, I just peaked at the most recent views in the iOS App Store… saw some familiar names but there are a LOT of disappointed and downright angry reviews.
The folks that are actually writing the code and supporting the backend infrastructure and managing databases.........

Aren't the blame.

They work for "the suits" that are making poor decisions and oblivious to public perception.

I have this opinion based on being one of those "suits", albeit in another industry, and literally watch with dismay at very parallel scenarios.
Identical, to be perfectly honest. Except the software development is for internal use, rather than the customer.

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
I suspect that the removal of a lot of features on the app is data volume related. It takes a lot of server power and storage to manage the data from millions of vehicles. That costs money- lots of money. They may have thought Ford Pass would make them some money and found out that they are actually losing money on it. So, the options are still available in the truck, but not on the app.

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Dang, just finished my oil change and realized I can't log that in the app.....get rekt I guess.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Dang, just finished my oil change and realized I can't log that in the app.....get rekt I guess.
Can put record on Ford website just without receipt. I wonder if that feature will eventually be gone completely.
Sponsored