New here, got a question.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Scrap the factory option and have them LineX it. The Ford liner is sprayed over the bed bolts and edges of the outlet, etc. LineX will remove the bolts and all other pieces to line under them, then reinstall those pieces. LineX is vastly better.
Sponsored

mmalaski88

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2012 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retail
Scrap the factory option and have them LineX it. The Ford liner is sprayed over the bed bolts and edges of the outlet, etc. LineX will remove the bolts and all other pieces to line under them, then reinstall those pieces. LineX is vastly better.
I agree. I had factory bedliner when I ordered my 2019 Ranger. The factory bedliner felt rushed and sloppy.

I picked up a dealer stock 2021 F150 XLT, and had a liner put in it. Much higher quality than I had on my ranger.

From what I’ve read skip the factory liner, avoid the delays people have reported and get it done yourself, or have the dealer do it before you pickup.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I agree. I had factory bedliner when I ordered my 2019 Ranger. The factory bedliner felt rushed and sloppy.

I picked up a dealer stock 2021 F150 XLT, and had a liner put in it. Much higher quality than I had on my ranger.

From what I’ve read skip the factory liner, avoid the delays people have reported and get it done yourself, or have the dealer do it before you pickup.
That is the new plan, already told that to the dealership. My concern is the outlet panel and bed lighting. I had a 2016 XLT with bed lighting done when I bought it and though they removed the switch, it never fit right after the spray.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Most folks have their dealers do it or get it done themselves at a spray liner retailer. I actually negotiated with my dealer to throw it in - dropped it off the week after I purchased the truck and it took about half a day.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
If you order factory spay in liner it will delay your build extremely or the wheel well covers.
They are done offsite and it takes forever ordered 11/11/2020 still waiting because of wheel well liners.
The truck is built waiting on shipment since 1/28/2021
So don't order spray in liner or you will get your new truck in June
Good Luck with your build

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Most folks have their dealers do it or get it done themselves at a spray liner retailer. I actually negotiated with my dealer to throw it in - dropped it off the week after I purchased the truck and it took about half a day.
Told them I want the bed done and windows tinted before I pick it up.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you order factory spay in liner it will delay your build extremely or the wheel well covers.
They are done offsite and it takes forever ordered 11/11/2020 still waiting because of wheel well liners.
Thank you

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Where is/was your truck produced? My Feb 22 week build from Dearborn has both the spray-in bed liner and wheel well liners. It was produced and on the train in a matter of days (yes, rare-lucky-unicorn). Just trying to figure out what Ford is up to.

OP
OP
Ford4Ever

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where is/was your truck produced? My Feb 22 week build from Dearborn has both the spray-in bed liner and wheel well liners. It was produced and on the train in a matter of days (yes, rare-lucky-unicorn). Just trying to figure out what Ford is up to.
The order just went in today, no info yet.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
It was built in DRB sitting on Ramp59 says it will be here in 12 days but it has said that before

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Maybe something with PowerBoost option

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
It was built in DRB sitting on Ramp59 says it will be here in 12 days but it has said that before
Well ain’t that a kick in the nuts. All I can think is that there is something that has to be fixed or installed and it is in line behind everything else that didn’t come off the line correctly. I really sorry, that’s got to be deflating.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Sorry did not mean to highjack your thread
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your build

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
They probably forgot to do it or left it off the order. Have them make it right by having it done.

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Did anyone else have Linex sprayed over the button for the bed lights? Mine was sprayed over making it more difficult but not impossible to turn them on and off.
Sponsored