Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I am sitting back waiting. I have a list of things I want a vehicle to have before I buy a new one. Ford also took the heated steering wheel off the XLT models. They do not even offer it as an option. I understand they want buyers to move up to the lariat package, but what they do not understand is I will never buy a Lariat because they only come in extended or dual cabs. I will not own a boat. I will only buy a regular cab truck. We will see who earns my business. Ford could win it today if they allowed me to buy a regular cab with the options I want.
If you can't reach over your shoulder and touch your back window... you're driving an SUV with a bed!
I don't get the whole "Land Yacht" thing but the fact is, only 5-10% of trucks are sold without a place to transport day laborers or kids.
I'll have neither in my "truck".
Sponsored

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4 x 4
If you can't reach over your shoulder and touch your back window... you're driving an SUV with a bed!
I don't get the whole "Land Yacht" thing but the fact is, only 5-10% of trucks are sold without a place to transport day laborers or kids.
I'll have neither in my "truck".
I agree entirely. I hate driving those boats. I can tolerate an extended cab mid-size (although I prefer a regular cab full size). If no one makes the truck I want with the features I want then I will just keep my GMC regular cab until I die. I have an SUV for road trips. So, either a company earns my purchase, or not.

Noel

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4 x 4
Does anyone on this thread know which trim levels of the new F-150 have steel leaf springs and which trim levels have the new composite leaf springs? I am guessing that any truck with the off-road package has steel springs, but I have no idea. Anyone out there have any knowledge?

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Oh
I agree entirely. I hate driving those boats. I can tolerate an extended cab mid-size (although I prefer a regular cab full size). If no one makes the truck I want with the features I want then I will just keep my GMC regular cab until I die. I have an SUV for road trips. So, either a company earns my purchase, or not.
Oh they "make" them... but you have to order it and wait. Unless you're content paying $30K+ for a White XL V6 with crank up windows and an AM radio.

I have an extended cab Ranger. It's been a good truck but I never liked driving it from the day I bought it because I've had full size trucks all my life. I thought I would get used to it but I didn't.

Now it has 265 thousand miles on it and it's time. Still runs great though.
Sponsored