First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm going to look into the tires..They might be a great option for a 2 wheel drive sport truck. I could see my Single cab XL with them.
Sponsored

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
That’s what we mostly have here for Sheriffs is the Explorer. State Troopers are running Chargers with the 5.7 or Tahoe with the 5.3. I think it’s funny most upper end consumer Tahoe and Yukons will outrun the police interceptor. The 6.2 isn’t available to law enforcement, only for consumer spec :ROFLMAO:
No Tahoe or yukon, durango can beat the F150 to 60.

F150 police responder top end is limited due to driveshaft, if you got a carbon fiber shaft in there and lowered the rear 1" (frpp shackles) you could do 145 safely I'm sure.

also: The Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.0L Ecoboost topped the charts with 148 mph as its top speed; it also achieved 0-60 in 5.81 seconds.

148MPH - more chance to catch the charger. I also think the police tires they spec hurt the stopping distance?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Read Ford pulled hybrid Explorer option from consumers because the police model was taking all of them. I'm really surprised not to see the hybrid option in a police truck. It perfectly suits their usage with hours of silent idling.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
No Tahoe or yukon, durango can beat the F150 to 60.

F150 police responder top end is limited due to driveshaft, if you got a carbon fiber shaft in there and lowered the rear 1" (frpp shackles) you could do 145 safely I'm sure.

also: The Ford Police Interceptor Utility 3.0L Ecoboost topped the charts with 148 mph as its top speed; it also achieved 0-60 in 5.81 seconds.

148MPH - more chance to catch the charger. I also think the police tires they spec hurt the stopping distance?

An SRT Durango with the 392 C.I V8 would hurt any F-150’s or Chargers feelings. The 0-60 is 4.1 seconds. Even a tuned EcoBoost or Coyote is no match for the 392 SRT. Some police deps have bough those consumer spec SRT and converted them. Insane power. I was comparing Tahoe’s though, consumer spec is available with a more powerful engine than what’s available to law enforcement.

Sponsored

Babbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 XLT 302A FX4 PP2K 36GAL TOW
Occupation
Wild horse rider
An SRT Durango with the 392 C.I V8 would hurt any F-150’s or Chargers feelings. The 0-60 is 4.1 seconds. Even a tuned EcoBoost or Coyote is no match for the 392 SRT. Some police deps have bough those consumer spec SRT and converted them. Insane power. I was comparing Tahoe’s though, consumer spec is available with a more powerful engine than what’s available to law enforcement.
The 6.2 Tahoe 2023 gets 0-60 in 5.78 - the F150 Police version does it in 5.69.
SRT Duango is more in line with a Raptor R - which goes 0-60 in 3.7 :)

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Odd, and rather poor choice for an interceptor with the horrid tuning radius, long braking distance, and terrible cornering manners. Sedan makes so much more sense.
Most PDs don’t have a fleet of trucks, but rather for very purpose specific. e.g. rough road conditions extreme environments. When my son was RCMP evacuating Fort McMurray AB wildfires in 2016, F150s were in abundance as vehicles had to leave the paved roads frequently due to congestion and fire debris!

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Bring back the Crown Vic. With a super charged Coyote!
lol, they had one virtue: longevity, and simplicity, but in practice they weren’t fast, had average handling, awful in bad weather, and past their sell by date.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Really no need for a supercharger if you put a Coyote into a sedan, the ‘24 Mustang Dark Horse is 500 HP naturally aspirated. Thats 100 HP more than the old supercharged 4.6 Terminators in the Cobra. A few larger Depts actually have a Mustang GT for a specialty pursuit only car (only brought out for chases). The art of road chases is dying regardless, even Troopers are now taught not to engage unless it’s a life threatening thing (like a kidnapping). It puts too many lives in the line. They grab the plate and don’t give chase anymore. You are putting the officers life and hundreds of civilian lives in harms way, so chases are becoming less prevalent.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
lol, they had one virtue: longevity, and simplicity, but in practice they weren’t fast, had average handling, awful in bad weather, and past their sell by date.
They were good at running into things for the movies!

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
With the Charger leaving and the Taurus extinct there probably isn’t one left. Shame.

Hate to break it to you guys but the legroom in the Crown Victoria is larger than the Explorer by an inch. A Crown Victoria also has 2 more cubic feet of stowage capacity than an Explorer. Have you seen a Crown Vic trunk? You can fit 3 people inside. Barring 4WD the Vic is a more comfortable spacious ride with a longer wheelbase. With todays IRS technology, a unibody setup and engines on offer it would run great and do virtually everything better besides off-road. I never understood the mid size SUV/CUV craze. Todays Blazers and Explorers are unibody based and don’t really do anything better than a sedan. They have low payloads, low ground clearance, are built on a sedan unibody chassis anyways, most are FWD with a shorter wheelbase and an inward sloped rear. Really just a big compromise of a vehicle (IMHO)

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Odd, and rather poor choice for an interceptor with the horrid tuning radius, long braking distance, and terrible cornering manners. Sedan makes so much more sense.
What sedan? Who makes one?
Sponsored