MY23 Deleted Features

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Just out of curiosity, and maybe this already exists but, what are the features that I have on my truck that have been removed or are just no longer available?
I have a 2021 PB Limited with max recline seats and work center.
Ambient lights in cup holder and glove box, temp reading dials, multi contour seats, interior sensors, heated steering wheel, and soon to be rear bed camera
Sponsored

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Has anyone tried to add the front camera washer on a '23 yet? Would imagine there is not much to install it. Didn't think it would be that big of a problem not having the washer until I was in wet snow that covered my front camera. Would be nice to be able to use the front camera as intended.

xlover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor 37
Will Ford add any "removed" items if they're available at time of production, if you don't have a window sticker yet?
Almost certainly yes, Ford does not want any of these deletes, whatever they are "saving" isnt worth the expense of teams managing the deletes having to manually make on the fly product adjustments, customer service complaints, and competitive embarrassment (ram with the heated wheel front and center in their winter ad series).

But.... the fact is they deleted the items across the board because their suppliers cannot get ANY inventory, things like the security pack tilt sensor or heated wheel aren't even being built on the higher trims... they are totally gone. Example: even getting just replacement parts for the heated wheel clockspring is on backorder for another couple months, forget enough supply to add back to the assembly line.

If ford thinks some stock is on the way the item wont land as a required delete, orders will just go into chip hold purgatory and the truck will be finished 3-4 (or more) weeks later

So the short answer is yes when they get stock the feature will return, don't expect that to happen anytime soon

OP
OP

mongolodeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited
Just out of curiosity, and maybe this already exists but, what are the features that I have on my truck that have been removed or are just no longer available?
I have a 2021 PB Limited with max recline seats and work center.
Wow, I am jealous!! I have the same truck but 2022 and it’s missing max recline, multicontour, and I just learned some lighting in the glovebox and cup holders.

I didn’t want to distract from the main point of this thread which is to try to stay informed of what all features are currently deleted from new orders, but the reason why I want to know is that my dealership offered to replace my ‘22 with a ‘23 due to a *ish show delivery experience. Once I learned that 2023 models are missing even more than my ‘22 is I hit the pause button on taking that swap. Their offer doesn’t stand forever so I had hoped that supply chains were catching up but it seems like unfortunately the opposite is the case and they’re continuing to delete more features as we go further into ‘23 model year.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I feel like a 21 or 22 was the sweet spot.

I'm happy I was able to find my 22 Tremor on a lot, got X plan on it. Only deletes were auto start/stop which I hate in vehicles, so it was a blessing and then the active park assist which I've experienced in an expedition and am not a fan.

I added back the missing cupholder lights, media bin light, glove box light and HVAC digital knobs.

As far as I'm concerned it's perfect.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mongolodeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited
I added back the missing cupholder lights, media bin light, glove box light and HVAC digital knobs.
Would you mind sharing info on how to add those things? Could a layperson do it?

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Would you mind sharing info on how to add those things? Could a layperson do it?
There are two main threads, you need to source the parts which both threads help with. For the lighting you'll need a wiring harness that the member of the forum who started the thread on the cupholder lighting/media bin lighting/globe box lighting makes and sells.

Cupholder lights/media bin light/glove box light thread

Thread on the HVAC piece I started you a few pages in where someone posted a part number. Depending on your trim you may need a different part number. The one I linked to is for the trucks that have heated/cooled seats and a heated steering wheel.

aclosedmind

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501a Powerboost
I was lucky with my 22 PB Lariat 501a. Cupholder, media, and glovebox lights missing along with the temp dials but those were official model year changes. Everything my truck should have had, it has.

I added back the cup and media bin lights, temp dials, heated steering wheel, tow mirrors, and soon the projector LEDs (among other mods)

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I was lucky with my 22 PB Lariat 501a. Cupholder, media, and glovebox lights missing along with the temp dials but those were official model year changes. Everything my truck should have had, it has.

I added back the cup and media bin lights, temp dials, heated steering wheel, tow mirrors, and soon the projector LEDs (among other mods)
I’ve owned 30+ vehicles in my 17 years of driving and modded well over half of them to some extent. This 22 F150 501A that I have has been the most rewarding and fun modding experience. And I’ve only added deleted parts or factory upgrades. Nothing really fancy or custom unless you wanna count my copper vinyl wrap on my grille center bar lol.

MNWrench

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Ford also deleted the top of cab camera that views the box.

Sponsored

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I have an order that was put in Friday and they have deleted the following: Start/ stop, Advanced Security Pack, CHMSL Camera Removal, Active Park Assist, Multicontour Seat, Heating Steering Wheel.

I like my vehicles loaded and would be coming out of an Denali and don't want to go backwards on features, so for me, I'm holding off and told them exactly why.

The other issue is the credits are pathetic as all of these deletes reduced the cost of my truck by $1,030 but to me, I would expect at least a $5K discount for these deletes.

Nicely loaded trucks don't cost $55K any longer. If they did the deletes would be acceptable, but I'm not paying $80K for a truck that doesn't have a heated steering wheel for gosh sakes.

Suspecting that with falling orders and sales that the options will be added back in pretty soon.

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
This seems to affect higher trim trucks the most. The highest level I've ever gotten was 302a. My 23 (order) is missing start/stop; which I don't care about. It's also heated steering wheel delete. THAT's upsetting because I was looking forward to it. But, I've added before so I can add it again.

Multi-contour seats have been missing for roughly 2 years. Maybe not in the F150, specifically, but I've seen a few 60k Explorers that don't have them and should.

I don't see Ford adding deleted items once they're deleted. They don't have to. They haven't really offered rebates in the last 3 years, they've removed items, and they've increased the pricing. Yet, they're STILL the best selling VEHICLE and have been the best selling trucks for like 45 years. I don't see any incentive for them to do more if we aren't requiring it. I mean, you can hire 100 call center reps at 35k a year and spend just under 5mill in salary and benefits. They can handle the influx in complaints. Even if they give out something here and there, it doesn't clear 5mil. You take 1 $20 item off a truck and still sell 800,000 of them, that clears you roughly 16mil. 2% margin of error, and reasonable loss, you're still grossing 10mill-sh in revenue. And that's just rough quick numbers. We all know these options save more than 20 bux per truck and that didn't even account for the steady price increase.

I say all that to say, from a dollars and sense perspective, their product still outshines other manufacturers and their profit margins have yet to cause a change.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This seems to affect higher trim trucks the most. The highest level I've ever gotten was 302a. My 23 (order) is missing start/stop; which I don't care about. It's also heated steering wheel delete. THAT's upsetting because I was looking forward to it. But, I've added before so I can add it again.

Multi-contour seats have been missing for roughly 2 years. Maybe not in the F150, specifically, but I've seen a few 60k Explorers that don't have them and should.

I don't see Ford adding deleted items once they're deleted. They don't have to. They haven't really offered rebates in the last 3 years, they've removed items, and they've increased the pricing. Yet, they're STILL the best selling VEHICLE and have been the best selling trucks for like 45 years. I don't see any incentive for them to do more if we aren't requiring it. I mean, you can hire 100 call center reps at 35k a year and spend just under 5mill in salary and benefits. They can handle the influx in complaints. Even if they give out something here and there, it doesn't clear 5mil. You take 1 $20 item off a truck and still sell 800,000 of them, that clears you roughly 16mil. 2% margin of error, and reasonable loss, you're still grossing 10mill-sh in revenue. And that's just rough quick numbers. We all know these options save more than 20 bux per truck and that didn't even account for the steady price increase.

I say all that to say, from a dollars and sense perspective, their product still outshines other manufacturers and their profit margins have yet to cause a change.
They will add them back once all the issues get sorted out.

It's not just Ford issues. Its all the manufactures that ford deals with. On top of the chip issue is the shipping issues, and the materials that are imported.

Hopefully this is a major wake up call to bring manufacturing and mining back home so we are more resilient.
Sponsored