My mistake :( ...need help selling New Truck

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
I didn't realize it till after the paperwork was signed that my truck didn't include the 7.2 KW pro power. :(
I have 950 miles on my New truck and want to trade it in for the same truck with the 7.2KW pro power.
Mine has the 2.4 KW generator.

If anyone is interested in a LIKE NEW 2022 Powerboost; carbonzied gray, black out package , LMK.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Probably be cheaper to grab the 7.2 inverter and the bed interface and install it.

OP
OP
F150RLA

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
Thanks, any idea where to buy those?

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I agree considering the DMV fees and sales tax on a new truck. My 2022 truck had the essential items I wanted (36-gal tank, locking rear differential, 4WD package) and the rest was what is was.

The only real problem is with the very long wheel base with the super crew cab and the 6.5 bed. I would have much preferred a super cab with the 6.5 box as the 12 inch longer wheel base and greater turning radius makes manueuvering in parking lots a lot more difficult. I don't even try for half the open spaces. Almost like having a dually. But to get the truck I wanted would have meant placing an order and waiting a year to get the truck.

Sponsored

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Not to get way out in the weeds here but you can probably make it work with the 2.4. Unless you are going with a monster RV the 2.4 may be enough. You could also install a Victron Multiplus and some Li batteries and the multiplus can assist the truck to run high loads such as air conditioner. It's not cheap but you may lose a lot trading as well and this could have other uses. I almost went with the 2.4 as this is the gear I have in my RV. Just something to consider.

OP
OP
F150RLA

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
Not to get way out in the weeds here but you can probably make it work with the 2.4. Unless you are going with a monster RV the 2.4 may be enough. You could also install a Victron Multiplus and some Li batteries and the multiplus can assist the truck to run high loads such as air conditioner. It's not cheap but you may lose a lot trading as well and this could have other uses. I almost went with the 2.4 as this is the gear I have in my RV. Just something to consider.
Thank you, meaning you have the 7.2kw?

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I agree with this. I have the 7.2kW, but on our 30amp rig running AC and a lot of extras I rarely see it spike past 1700-1800w. Just don't run AC, your hair curlers, coffee pot, and microwave at the same time, and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
F150RLA

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
I agree with this. I have the 7.2kW, but on our 30amp rig running AC and a lot of extras I rarely see it spike past 1700-1800w. Just don't run AC, your hair curlers, coffee pot, and microwave at the same time, and you'll be fine.
Thank you very much!

SRMD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Sequoia, 2019 Outback, 1998 XJ
You absolutely need a soft start circuit on your TT A/C unit, then you can probably get away with 2.4kw. I would try first before losing your tail on a trade. Also, there is a thread here on someone who upgraded to 7.2kw, so it is possible.

You will also need a surge suppressor and you can get them with integrated soft start. I would try that first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
F150RLA

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
You absolutely need a soft start circuit on your TT A/C unit, then you can probably get away with 2.4kw. I would try first before losing your tail on a trade. Also, there is a thread here on someone who upgraded to 7.2kw, so it is possible.

You will also need a surge suppressor and you can get them with integrated soft start. I would try that first.
Thank you for the great advice. I’ll give those things a try. 👍

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Thank you, meaning you have the 7.2kw?
I don't have the truck yet, but I did end up ordering the 7.2. If I could have found a PB with the 2.4 on the lot I would have bought it though.

edit: I mean I would have preferred the 7.2, but for me the 2.4 wouldn't have been a deal breaker.

OP
OP
F150RLA

F150RLA

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Expedition
I don't have the truck yet, but I did end up ordering the 7.2. If I could have found a PB with the 2.4 on the lot I would have bought it though.
hedge, I’ll trade you!

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
hedge, I’ll trade you!
PS: that's a beautiful truck. I originally ordered that colour but ended up changing to Red after labouring over it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ford shouldn't even build the Powerboost with 2 options for generator output. The co$t between the two isn't enough to warrant the potential regret.
Just my opinion. :)

But yes, I'm an RV full timer and with an AC softstart installed, the 2.4KW will likely handle the 30A RV without a problem.
Sponsored