HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
And so yesterday while driving along the drivers window opens of its' own accord....... then won't close at all.... not real good when it's only 19 degrees outside... o_O lol....

Off to the dealer today to get answers.....
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
WTH. Ok, definitely something going on with your windows. So did you have to leave it open all night?

PWRGEN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Hybrid 4wd Max Tow
Occupation
Real Estate
Hi all

After 8 months of (relatively) trouble free daily use of my truck, I made the mistake of changing some of the settings yesterday relating to folding the mirrors and zone lighting. I went into the screen menu and activated the folding mirrors, and zone lighting. After getting confused about what was going to come on and what was not with the zone lighting I just turned it all off again..... I have no idea what has happened but now I have all sorts of unrelated issues and my truck has a mind of its' own.....

• Drivers window - today I went to close my drivers side window whilst I was ready to get gas (in park, handbrake on and doors closed) and my window closed then reopened on its' own to about 2 inches. I closed it again then it reopened and kept doing so until I held the button whereupon it just stopped. Then it worked again and has been doing the same thing each time I go to shut off the truck since(I drive with the window down usually). Here is a vid... Can anyone suggest what is going on?
  • I needed to use my Apple Carplay Nav and suddenly the directions appear in the main console and the speed and tacho move/reduce in size. Can anyone show me how to prevent this happening or tell me what I did wrong?
  • 2021-12-29 15.05.05.jpg
  • I have been driving my truck in 2wd mode during the summer months and when we get rain I switch it to 4A, which I understand to be 4wd as required. Yesterday I had it in 4A and today I start the truck and it is back in 2wd. It seems to be changing on its' own? Does anyone know why?
  • My console preference keeps changing. One minute I have Trip 1 as shown above then the next time I start the truck I have the fuel economy graphic showing or some other random selection. I know this has been mentioned before but I haven't had too much of an issue with it?
  • Finally, (not related to above) but I have some sort of rattle/loose object in the rear that sounds like the brakes rattling or very much to the rear.... is this the exhaust rattle?
thanks all for your help!!!!

Cheers
The rattle could be the new recall, the Underbody Thermal-Acoustic Insulators loosen and contact the aluminum driveshaft. Look up your Vin on the government recall site Recalls.GOV

Regarding the Truck automatically switching settings, I have that experience with my Sirius Radio not always saving the channel and the My View for my mileage view I always have to reset every time after starting car. Crazy why that setting wont stay where I can view my electric miles total driven and average Gas mileage view. I have been living with it for 9 months now. I'm the only driver too, so go figure why the settings keep changing to default. I'm used to it and love the truck but it sounds like an OTA update to me and I have that ability with Sync 4 but never know when they occur. That's another thing that drives me crazy. I have my house WIFI set up on my truck but signal parked outside of house might be a little weak sometimes but it registers when parked closer to house. I dont subscribe to the Monthly Wifi service when away from house with truck since my Verizon Phone has unlimited data text etc. so no real need for plan on truck. Anybody can share some thoughts on the OTA and WIFI or other items mentioned here would be greatly appreciated.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
And so yesterday while driving along the drivers window opens of its' own accord....... then won't close at all.... not real good when it's only 19 degrees outside... o_O lol....

Off to the dealer today to get answers.....
Did you try the window reset? I've had to do it twice so far (owned the truck for 11 months) gotta love safety features like that.

Update on the 4a/4h etc, if I leave it in Normal mode and change to 4a it will stay in 4a at next start up, but if I change the mode to Slippery or Sport etc where it automatically changes to 4a, it reverts back to Normal and 2h at next start if I don't select to return to the previous mode. I hope that makes sense, I'm a bit out of it.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the responses.... took it in to the dealer today as the one touch up stopped completely on the drivers side.

The window reset doesn't seem to do anything as it alternates between one touch up needing two touches to go up and one to go down, not working at all going up but one to go down and the passenger side one touch not working at all.

Switched it off then the functions changed all over again and the one touch up only works at the window being 1/4 up onwards (not when fully down)....?

Gonna have to book it in and let the boffins figure it out...

The tech said that the new nav display showing turn by turn in the console now is (as BMWtoF150 said) how it was originally supposed to be and is a result of an OTA update :mad:. Don't like it....

Re the 4A/2wd changing the techs were a bit vague on that.... they reckon it's supposed to default back to 2wd on start up (but it doesn't) so going to need to get a bit more info on that too....

Thanks for the rattle update..... if it's going for a visit may as well get it all checked over....

Sponsored

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi all

The list is growing......
  1. passenger side door handle won't unlock truck
  2. passenger side window no longer does one touch
  3. screen has multiple screens overlaid over each other
    Ford F-150 My Lariat has a mind of it's own 2022-01-21 13.40.31
    Ford F-150 My Lariat has a mind of it's own 2022-01-31 14.07.42
  4. my phone won't pair if wifes phone is used and truck wasn't locked
    Ford F-150 My Lariat has a mind of it's own 2022-01-31 09.18.14
  5. carplay won't work if someone of a different profile has driven the truck
  6. audio is off when i start the truck regardless of what I was listening too.... when it feels like... but on a good day it just works!
  7. rear passenger wheel is rattling
  8. blue screen of death on long trips where the entire system freezes
  9. drivers window has now been reset 4 times to stop the 'I refuse to close' trick so you don't have to drive home cold with an open window................
  10. Trim falling off rear window
  11. Drivers window control/switch edge chrome lifting and is now the same as a knife edge to operate....
My first Ford.... lol gotta love it.....

ttoptom1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2001 F 150 XLT
Occupation
retired
Hi all

2022-01-21 13.40.31.jpg
    2022-01-31 14.07.42.jpg
    2022-01-31 09.18.14.jpg
  6. audio is off when i start the truck regardless of what I was listening too.... when it feels like... but on a good day it just works!
  9. drivers window has now been reset 4 times to stop the 'I refuse to close' trick so you don't have to drive home cold with an open window................
  11. Drivers window control/switch edge chrome lifting and is now the same as a knife edge to operate....
My screen looked like that once and it was ok after disconnecting battery for a period of time. Just an idea! Tom

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
I think if you hold the play and right arrow hard keys it will hard reset the center infotainment and that might fix the weird overlay. Hopefully your APIM isn't going bad, but some other people have had to have that replaced after things like what you've described started happening too

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi all

2022-01-21 13.40.31.jpg
    2022-01-31 14.07.42.jpg
    2022-01-31 09.18.14.jpg
Hi John! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into this on my end.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think if you hold the play and right arrow hard keys it will hard reset the center infotainment and that might fix the weird overlay. Hopefully your APIM isn't going bad, but some other people have had to have that replaced after things like what you've described started happening too
Yes that's how I got the first one to go way, but the second weird overlay was yesterday....

Sponsored

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi John! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into this on my end.
Thank you. I have already been to see my local dealer and they did what they could with resets etc but the age old issue applies..... not demonstrable on demand so I am taking photos and videos as it happens.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
Uhh, you shouldn’t have had to do that. I have not used slippery, but Sport modes engages 4A, and then goes back to 2A when I switch back to Normal.
I also have to push the 2wd button after being in 4a sport mode whether I'm driving or on next start up when it defaults to normal still in 4A.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I also have to push the 2wd button after being in 4a sport mode whether I'm driving or on next start up when it defaults to normal still in 4A.
To be clear, you're driving in Normal mode, you turn the dial to sport mode and 4A engages via sport mode(you're NOT pressing 4A?), you then either turn it back to Normal mode and/or power cycle the truck and and it's still in 4A?

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
To be clear, you're driving in Normal mode, you turn the dial to sport mode and 4A engages via sport mode(you're NOT pressing 4A?), you then either turn it back to Normal mode and/or power cycle the truck and and it's still in 4A?
correct and is still in 4a after park and start when it defaults back to normal

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I've noticed this in slippery mode as well it puts it into 4A and when I go back to Normal I have to select 2H
Sponsored