Sponsored

I set my own alarm off this morning....?

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
First off I'm not sure if this is even the correct forum, if not please feel free to move it.
This morning I went to get into my truck with a key fob in my pocket like it is every morning. I opened up the rear door to let my dog in and the alarm started going off. Not sure why, literally the same routine I do every morning.
If the truck was locked, which it wasn't I would have needed to touch the driver door handle to unlock the truck. But since I opened the back door the doors were already unlocked, obviously. And again the key fob was in my pocket. Any ideas?
Ford F-150 I set my own alarm off this morning....? Screenshot_20230421_075119_FordPass
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think your wife has the other FOB and is messing with you? :)

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think your wife has the other FOB and is messing with you? :)
That would have been a good one, but she was already at work, daughter already at school...
:(

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
The alarm auto sets and key prox doesn't turn it off. Your truck was unlocked for a while I take it before you opened the rear door? The alarm auto sets if it's left unlocked. If it's unlocked like this first put your hand into the front door handle to issue the unlock command, or do so from the remote. There's no sensor for the rear handles.

This logic is in place so that if your truck can see your key, someone can't randomly gain access. It's working as intended. For me it's already habit to put hand in front door to unlock / disarm. It's much easier than digging for keys I don't keep at hand.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
First off I'm not sure if this is even the correct forum, if not please feel free to move it.
This morning I went to get into my truck with a key fob in my pocket like it is every morning. I opened up the rear door to let my dog in and the alarm started going off. Not sure why, literally the same routine I do every morning.
If the truck was locked, which it wasn't I would have needed to touch the driver door handle to unlock the truck. But since I opened the back door the doors were already unlocked, obviously. And again the key fob was in my pocket. Any ideas?
Screenshot_20230421_075119_FordPass.jpg
Strange... it could have been a fluke, but if it continues to happen you might have to check on your latches or wiring. Maybe your F150 felt like being extra cautious that day.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
did the truck horn start blaring or just ford pass notification?
in my past adventures with ford pass secure alert set
even with truck unlocked with fob the alarm would trigger a ford pass alert because the secure alert was ON in ford pass because of a schedule
mine was 11 pm to 8 am..but i got up and left at 2 am to take grand child to work and forgot ford pass secure alert was active

it also happened a few times on weekends where i had set a schedule because i was going to be gone . but alas i was still home, went to truck unlocked drove to lowes and got a ford pass alert because driver door had opened...yep no crap, i opened it to get in and drive

for some reason secure alert does not shut off via ford pass if you open truck with fob or key pad

maybe thats why secure alert is not working right in ford pass
maybe it helps

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The alarm auto sets and key prox doesn't turn it off. Your truck was unlocked for a while I take it before you opened the rear door? The alarm auto sets if it's left unlocked. If it's unlocked like this first put your hand into the front door handle to issue the unlock command, or do so from the remote. There's no sensor for the rear handles.

This logic is in place so that if your truck can see your key, someone can't randomly gain access. It's working as intended. For me it's already habit to put hand in front door to unlock / disarm. It's much easier than digging for keys I don't keep at hand.
Thanks Hamma, this is what happened IIRC step by step. Remote started the truck from in the house, went out to garage, hit the unlock, (Im guessing cuz the remote start forces a lock of the truck and otherwise I wouldnt have been able to open the rear door), opened the rear door for the dog, alarm blared, scared the dog, turned off alar, stood there in a WTH? moment, then turned it off.
No big really, just different. I mean I GUESS I could have bumped my own fob in my pocket, but thats more skill than I usually have.
:)

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
did the truck horn start blaring or just ford pass notification?
in my past adventures with ford pass secure alert set
even with truck unlocked with fob the alarm would trigger a ford pass alert because the secure alert was ON in ford pass because of a schedule
mine was 11 pm to 8 am..but i got up and left at 2 am to take grand child to work and forgot ford pass secure alert was active

it also happened a few times on weekends where i had set a schedule because i was going to be gone . but alas i was still home, went to truck unlocked drove to lowes and got a ford pass alert because driver door had opened...yep no crap, i opened it to get in and drive

for some reason secure alert does not shut off via ford pass if you open truck with fob or key pad

maybe thats why secure alert is not working right in ford pass
maybe it helps
Phone was in left pocket, fob in right and yes alarm blared... I guess I would rather have a few false positves than it not going off at all...

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
sounds completely different from the secure alert on ford pass
seems odd it would let you open the door then go off. especially since you unlocked with the fob
might need to have it checked out

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
When does the alarm auto arm? I never lock my truck in my garage and only once opened the back door first and the alarm went off. I usually open the driver's door first and have never had it go off.
Sponsored