First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Occupation
Military
So the part #s for the tow mirrors are published, but like everything 2021 F150 related, they are on national backorder. I saw a video that had someone add 2020 Tow Mirrors to their 2021 but with some slight modification to the mirrors. Has anyone else gone that route? There are no aftermarket "slip on" type tow mirrors on etrailer for the 2021. The only ones so far are the kind that attach via straps which I am leery of. Unfortunately I don't have a choice to wait and see. In about 30 days I am moving from Texas to WA.

Just looking for some options and opinions out there.

Edit 2: The air temp sensor is indeed still in the RH mirror, after unplugging the 22pin I now have -- for the temp, but no CEL light which is good if I end up going with manual everything mirrors.

2020 F150 Tow Mirrors:
JL3Z-17696-BA = 22 Pin Connector (power mirror, heat, puddle, air temp)
JL3Z-17696-AA = 8 pin connector (air temp only)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
So the part #s for the tow mirrors are published, but like everything 2021 F150 related, they are on national backorder. I saw a video that had someone add 2020 Tow Mirrors to their 2021 but with some slight modification to the mirrors. Has anyone else gone that route? There are no aftermarket "slip on" type tow mirrors on etrailer for the 2021. The only ones so far are the kind that attach via straps which I am leery of. Unfortunately I don't have a choice to wait and see. In about 30 days I am moving from Texas to WA.

Just looking for some options and opinions out there.

Edit 2: The air temp sensor is indeed still in the RH mirror, after unplugging the 22pin I now have -- for the temp, but no CEL light which is good if I end up going with manual everything mirrors.

2020 F150 Tow Mirrors:
JL3Z-17696-BA = 22 Pin Connector (power mirror, heat, puddle, air temp)
JL3Z-17696-AA = 8 pin connector (air temp only)
FYI on 2021 tow mirrors. Can't buy them as they aren't available as an accessory yet. Parts guy at dealership and me spent a couple hours looking and reading specs. Still too new to be available. He did say that when available they will knock down the price $100-200 at the dealership

Part # ML3Z-17696-CA 2021 tow mirrors with Blis, heated, 360 camera, manual fold, and black. $700 pair

Part # ML3Z-17696-DA 2021 tow mirrors with BLIS, Heated, 360 camera, power Fold, and Chrome capped. $1500 pair

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
FYI on 2021 tow mirrors. Can't buy them as they aren't available as an accessory yet. Parts guy at dealership and me spent a couple hours looking and reading specs. Still too new to be available. He did say that when available they will knock down the price $100-200 at the dealership

Part # ML3Z-17696-CA 2021 tow mirrors with Blis, heated, 360 camera, manual fold, and black. $700 pair

Part # ML3Z-17696-DA 2021 tow mirrors with BLIS, Heated, 360 camera, power Fold, and Chrome capped. $1500 pair
For $1500 a pair, I'd swap my non power mirrors tomorrow. People have been paying almost twice that for the retrofit thus far

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Keep in mind the $700 pair has power adjustment. Just doesn't have power fold. If your truck isn't set up for power folding option your paying extra for the chrome caps.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Keep in mind the $700 pair has power adjustment. Just doesn't have power fold. If your truck isn't set up for power folding option your paying extra for the chrome caps.
Power fold is should be pretty easy to add with the 21 pin harness. If you're getting the -CA and not the -AA, chances are your truck has everything, but the button and maybe a door module. I found all of the mirror part number, just need to find the replacement window controls.

Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA $700
Manual/BLISs/No Camera ML3Z–17696–BA $700*
Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA $725
Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA $1,600

Edit* Adding in the part number Orang found

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Occupation
Military
Edit: Power fold is should be pretty easy to add with the 21 pin harness. If you're getting the -CA and not the -AA, chances are your truck has everything, but the button and maybe a door module. I found all of the mirror part number, just need to find the replacement window controls.

Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA $700
Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA $725
Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA $1,600
And the mirror being in stock somewhere itself :D

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
And the mirror being in stock somewhere itself :D
For sure! I just called my local dealer and it's direct ship from the manufacture; meaning no one will have them 'in stock' for a long time. He said "normally" when things are listed as direct ship, they come in a few days... I suppose I could place an order and be the guinea pig for everyone...Now to decide for the power is worth the extra $656.67 (plus the new door control and module)... I still need to find the part numbers for these.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I'd be interested to see how BLIS/Manual/Camera replacement goes...or if the dealership would swap it out.

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
For sure! I just called my local dealer and it's direct ship from the manufacture; meaning no one will have them 'in stock' for a long time. He said "normally" when things are listed as direct ship, they come in a few days... I suppose I could place an order and be the guinea pig for everyone...Now to decide for the power is worth the extra $656.67 (plus the new door control and module)... I still need to find the part numbers for these.
I thought the same thing. Tried to order from the dealer and they couldn't complete the order. He said its because Ford is blocking them as an accessory. Apparently this is common on new models. Its a waiting game right now.

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I was worried about pulling our new RV and was looking for solutions. It’s a 24 foot travel trailer.

I just used a Furrion cam to monitor the rear as needed and adjusted my mirrors. I had pretty darn good visibility. No trailer tow mirrors.

So depending on what it is, it’s probably easier to go with another solution instead of waiting on Ford.

Sponsored

aaron90245

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 STX 2014 Cadillac CTS-V
Occupation
Pediatrics
Bought a 2021 XL STX F150 a couple weeks ago with the assurance that the mirrors were indeed available from the salesman. After some back and forth with him and 2 different accessory guys at 2 different dealerships I was looking at nothing (not available). Then I received the email from Ford to please rate my purchase and dealership about 10 days after. I gave them mediocre ratings and mentioned that I asked the sales guy several times if they were easily obtainable. Within several hours he was on the phone saying they found some tow mirrors and could have them in for install in about a week. It goes in tomorrow morning (5/25) for the mirrors and the coded entry thing. I'll come back and post the part number and whatever else info afterward. The tow mirrors going on are power adjust, manual fold, no sensors or lights like the stock shorty mirrors that are currently on it.
Still arguing about the trailer brake controller that was supposed to be 'integrated in the system' but that's another post I suppose.

Orang

First Name
LT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302a with tow package
Edit: Power fold is should be pretty easy to add with the 21 pin harness. If you're getting the -CA and not the -AA, chances are your truck has everything, but the button and maybe a door module. I found all of the mirror part number, just need to find the replacement window controls.

Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA $700
Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA $725
Electrical Mirror – Exterior Trailer Tow Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA $1,600
Looking for a tow mirror set for my 21 xlt as well... On the part number, what about ML3Z–17696–BA? My 150 is a xlt without 360 Camera, power adjust, manual fold,heated with BLIS, so appears BA would be a direct fit, if it works at all...

Last edited:

aaron90245

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 STX 2014 Cadillac CTS-V
Occupation
Pediatrics
Picked up the truck this morning after the tbc and coded entry was installed. Apparently the mirrors they ordered were incorrect and I'm supposed to be updated today (6pm now...) on if they can find the correct tow mirrors.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Still arguing about the trailer brake controller that was supposed to be 'integrated in the system' but that's another post I suppose.
these have just recently become available.
I have waited for mine since Feb, and it was just installed a week or so ago..

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4