Adding Tow mirrors

Dietz5285

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking for 2023 Lariat
Is it possible to add the telescoping tow mirrors? Since Ford does not include tow mirrors with its tow package and I have found no dealer that orders them for stock I am unable to buy off of the lot.
Sponsored

PrairiePete

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
The short answer is yes. The longer answer depends on what mirrors your truck has now (360 cameras, etc.).

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I did. I added aftermarket mirrors to my 2020 XLT, and they weren't bad... especially since they were less than half of Ford OEs. HOWEVER... the mirrors were very wobbly and while the plastic housing looked like Ford mirrors they were clearly lesser.

Fast Forward to my 2022, and I didn't even look at aftermarket. There was a sale at accessories.ford.com and bought OEM. And the difference is huge!! Interestingly, the telescoping mirrors with BLIS and 360 cameras are only $25 more than the regular telescoping mirrors. Not sure which one you'd be looking for.

Long story short.... check out Boost Auto and other aftermarket mirrors but I'm a big fan of OEM. Beware Amazon.

And if you are asking because you are not a "car guy," neither am I. This is definitely a mod for "all of us!"

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
If you have a large amount of Fordpass Rewards points from purchase, look on Ford Accessories and find tow mirrors that match your standard mirrors (BLIS, camera, etc). I got my set for under $500 direct from Ford and only needed 1 BCM change in Forscan to activate the running lights.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
What is the change in parameter you needed to do? The dealer that installed mine said i was missing the wire to add the running lights...sigh...

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I did a like for like swap to Tow mirrors. Manual telescoping/folding + 360 cams + BLIS. I bought it when Ford Accessories had a sale. I had it shipped to the dealer and purchased the install labor through the site as well.

The dealer shop didn't charge me any extra labor when they went to install it. They also took it back 2x to realign the 360 cameras.

Ford F-150 Adding Tow mirrors 1678751466102
Sponsored