• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My post is asking if it could be an SR..... the Title was modified by Admin, I never put that title on this thread.
That's weird. Sorry I attributed the title to you. Sounds like admin is responsible for the misleading and incorrect title... Although I can't imagine why on earth they would do that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That's weird. Sorry I attributed the title to you. Sounds like admin is responsible for the misleading and incorrect title... Although I can't imagine why in earth they would do that.
Click Bait most likely ?‍♂ but I agree they should change it back to the boring title I had: Mike Levine Tweets 288 miles at 100% Charge ?, but that's not catchy lol

Edit: Looks like I was able to Change it. Admins, please leave as is, thanks!

Last edited:

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Where is the difference? Those bumpers the same to me.
The XLT Build and Price doesn't display the sensors on the front bumper with the 312A package. This is what they look like on the Lariat package. Plus the XLT 312A has the 20" wheels same as the Lariat.
Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles 1649128754951

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
You didn't ask... You clearly stated it is the SR in the title of your post.

It's not the SR. Your post is incorrect.
It’s true the admins change the title to suit what they think is going on. I’ve had many titles changed (like when I posted an iconic silver and they changed to say iced blue). ??‍♂

Sponsored

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
EPA 320 miles is just an reference , your mile may really vary.

Here is an real world example

My Kona EV

EPA 259 mile

100 percent SoCal Spring/Summer range = 270+

100 percent NorCal winter Range = 240+

ER non Plat , depends on your geographic location, it can range anywhere from 220+ (sub zero northern state during winter) to 340+ (SoCal Florida with light foot and minimum altitude) , simply minus another 10 + miles for Plat.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles battery 100 sr.JPG

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Okay I'll be the dummy here. What does GOM mean? :unsure: ?

Reactions: GDN

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Okay I'll be the dummy here. What does GOM mean? :unsure: ?
"GOM: Guess-O-Meter. On the dashboard of every electric car is a gauge that estimates how many miles you have left in your battery pack...."

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I wouldn’t read much into the GOM, if it’s anything like my Bolt it will swing significantly based on recent driving. 288 seems in line with what i’d expect with cooler temps and typical driving habits.

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
It can be an upgraded XLT and not be an ER.

That being said...probably an ER in a chilly morning.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think it’s an SR. Do you really think ford PR would let him tweet an ER at 100% charge, missing EPA spec with only < 1000 miles drive ?

It’s more likely an SR overestimating range due to previous conditions/use. No 1000lb load. No 80mph+ highway driving. Sitting at a show for countless hours. Etc.

It should be seen as good news (over deliver).

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Screenshot_2022-04-04-21-12-29-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

43-46 degrees Saturday, Sunday Monday in Dearborn so not that cold, especially for Michigan. Seems about right with ER and temps, but who knows how the driving habits and style. It's a fun 'Elon' type of image drop. Can't read too much into it but the pride is obvious and refreshing for a 100+ year old automaker! Henry would be proud and and Edison would have said, told you Henry, Electric autos are the future! ☺. Where Henry would retort, as long as you got power lines Tom. Earthquake, major disaster, war, we'll keep making our ICE vehicles for a long time!
Considering we got around 1/2" of snow yesterday 15-20 miles North of Dearborn the same day of the tweet, it is still cold in Michigan. My Chevy Volt has shown around a 20-25% degradation in range for the last week or so at these temps, so my expectation is that it is an ER version of the truck.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
It can be an upgraded XLT and not be an ER.

That being said...probably an ER in a chilly morning.
Could be Prototype Perk farmed out to Ford Executives for "testing"? Could be version using older software? Could be GOM reflecting last data set of either drag racing a Tesla or slow cruising around Detroit looking for income properties he could buy using his latest raise?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I think it’s an SR. Do you really think ford PR would let him tweet an ER at 100% charge, missing EPA spec with only < 1000 miles drive ?

It’s more likely an SR overestimating range due to previous conditions/use. No 1000lb load. No 80mph+ highway driving. Sitting at a show for countless hours. Etc.

It should be seen as good news (over deliver).
You will not get 288 miles in the SR unless you're driving at low speeds in favorable terrain and weather.

It's fun to speculate, but you will be very disappointed if you think you're going to get this mileage in your SR with normal use.

I will be very happy if the ER gets 288 miles in 40 degree ambient temps.
Sponsored