master cylinder question...

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
Normally I keep a very light grip on the wheel, and my grip is not enough to satisfy the Ford system and it keeps alerting me to put my hands on the wheel.
So in the last 3500 miles I have started holding the wheel harder, but the cruise is always fighting me to try to drive the truck for me (I tend to ride closer to the RS of a lane). My Wifes 2020 Escape titanium does the same thing, fighting me.

But yesterday as I went thorugh the intersection (in the Right Lane) the dash showing the circule around the truck turn RED and displayed "canceled". It might have already been pushing me away from the RS of the lane I don't recall. Once through the intersection I let go of the wheel it sent me all the way over to the next lane on the LS right over the center line (which has white broken lines at this point).
Sponsored

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Umm, turn it off if you don't like it? I suggest reading the Manual, lots of useful information.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
Will, I like it, that is why I am using it. I went through the same intersection this morning and was able to duplicate the same problem (only it did not pull as bad today), I think it has to do with the way the lines disapear in this intersection.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Will, I like it, that is why I am using it. I went through the same intersection this morning and was able to duplicate the same problem (only it did not pull as bad today), I think it has to do with the way the lines disapear in this intersection.
I have 2 places in my daily commute (24 miles one way) that my truck will cancel ACC. Both lane keeping and cruise control. 1 of the places only cancels if oncoming traffic is also in play.

Both spots are in curves with crazy paint, and neither spot cancels if traveling in the other direction. So there's definitely some limit to the visual processing that can suddenly extend beyond a certain threshold.
Sponsored