Sponsored

Love my '22 XL 2.7 EB.. but reorder identical truck with PB from granger?

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
So I have a 4x4 2022 XL that I got in august. Absolutely love the truck. I can't tell you how pleased I am to have a reliable, comfortable, no frills vehicle. However, I regret not going PB. I am idling quite a bit in the FL heat, which is killing my MPG. I also could technically use the PB to power my small cargo trailer when traveling, and avoid having to put on a really high end solar system on the trailer.

Given what I have stated, would you consider reordering my identical truck? I have 2500 miles on my current truck. I paid 49500 out the door(including tax). Figure I could probably sell it for a 6k loss, and then reorder a PB from grainger for something like 50k out the door, and cost maybe 6k? to upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
So I have a 4x4 2022 XL that I got in august. Absolutely love the truck. I can't tell you how pleased I am to have a reliable, comfortable, no frills vehicle. However, I regret not going PB. I am idling quite a bit in the FL heat, which is killing my MPG. I also could technically use the PB to power my small cargo trailer when traveling, and avoid having to put on a really high end solar system on the trailer.

Given what I have stated, would you consider reordering my identical truck? I have 2500 miles on my current truck. I paid 49500 out the door(including tax). Figure I could probably sell it for a 6k loss, and then reorder a PB from grainger for something like 46k out the door, and only cost a few grand to upgrade. Thoughts?
Thinking it would be more than a few grand to upgrade between base prices rising and going with a 3.5 PB.

OP
OP

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Thinking it would be more than a few grand to upgrade between base prices rising and going with a 3.5 PB.
Yes my numbers are off, I forgot to add the PB upcharge. So like 50k for the PB.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’m one of those people that I have to get what I actually want the first time around, or I’ll turn around and spend more money getting what I wanted about 6 months later (which is exactly what I did trading in my 22 XLT for a 22 Lariat after about 5 weeks of ownership)

if you really want it, go get it. Granger seems to be the place to go through.

OP
OP

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
I’m one of those people that I have to get what I actually want the first time around, or I’ll turn around and spend more money getting what I wanted about 6 months later (which is exactly what I did trading in my 22 XLT for a 22 Lariat after about 5 weeks of ownership)

if you really want it, go get it. Granger seems to be the place to go through.
Haha, I know that feeling man. I absolutely would have done this but for the fact that I really needed a vehicle(mine was falling apart.. literally) and there was no telling what was going to happen with '23 prices and order banks. Too late by the time I decided in August that PB was the play.

Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
I like spending other peoples’ money ... I say do it

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Haha, I know that feeling man. I absolutely would have done this but for the fact that I really needed a vehicle(mine was falling apart.. literally) and there was no telling what was going to happen with '23 prices and order banks. Too late by the time I decided in August that PB was the play.
I hear ya, I sold my 15 Edge Sport in June after the rear ended went out. Wife’s 2020 Explorer ended up in the shop for 5 weeks at the end of July. So we went from 2 to zero cars really quick. I had to have a vehicle so I was kinda forced to buy that day and I got the XLT

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Figure I could probably sell it for a 6k loss
You really think you'd be in for a loss? How many miles do you have on it? I get markets are different, but out here in CA I could still sell for over my purchase price enough to cover the original taxes, especially since the 23s are so much more.
Sponsored