Spooky, but pretty cool - Possible Birth Date of my Truck

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
As I have mentioned on other posts, I spent the better part of my youth being carted around in 'Ford' products. They say your either a Ford or a Chevy guy, and my father was clearly in the Ford corner. Later on he transitioned to other brands, primarily Mercedes, but up until I could drive myself, my mode of transportation was built by Ford.

My father passed away from ALS in the fall of 2019. It just so happens that this past Saturday, the 27th of February would have been his 76th birthday. This morning my Tracker updated to show an estimated build date of February 27th. I believe it was actually built a few days before that, but even if it was, this gave me all the warm and fuzzy's I needed today.

1978 Mercury Cougar, 1982 Mercury Grand Marquis, 1983 Mercury Cougar, 1984 Lincoln Town Car, 1986 Lincoln Mark VII, 1987 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Mercury Capri, 1994 Mercury Cougar.

Ford F-150 Spooky, but pretty cool - Possible Birth Date of my Truck CaptureRK.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Wow...you made me look for myself. I too lost my mother to ALS on Feb 8, 2017. The born on date for my new F-150 is Feb 9....not spot on like you but damn close.

Sorry you lost your father to that horrible, horrible disease.

Edit: I see it was your father's birthday...not the day he passed. Still "interesting" to me.

94GT

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, FX4; 2021 Mustang GT PP
As I have mentioned on other posts, I spent the better part of my youth being carted around in 'Ford' products. They say your either a Ford or a Chevy guy, and my father was clearly in the Ford corner. Later on he transitioned to other brands, primarily Mercedes, but up until I could drive myself, my mode of transportation was built by Ford.

My father passed away from ALS in the fall of 2019. It just so happens that this past Saturday, the 27th of February would have been his 76th birthday. This morning my Tracker updated to show an estimated build date of February 27th. I believe it was actually built a few days before that, but even if it was, this gave me all the warm and fuzzy's I needed today.

1978 Mercury Cougar, 1982 Mercury Grand Marquis, 1983 Mercury Cougar, 1984 Lincoln Town Car, 1986 Lincoln Mark VII, 1987 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Lincoln Town Car, 1991 Mercury Capri, 1994 Mercury Cougar.

CaptureRK.JPG
Once you can see your window sticker, look at the blend date, that is the "birthday" of the car. My wife missed her Mustang Vert from being built on her birthday by 2 days...but it did arrive at the dealership on her birthday!
Ford F-150 Spooky, but pretty cool - Possible Birth Date of my Truck blend.JPG

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Yep, I ended up missing the date by 5 days. It blended earlier than it originally said it would.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Wow...you made me look for myself. I too lost my mother to ALS on Feb 8, 2017. The born on date for my new F-150 is Feb 9....not spot on like you but damn close.

Sorry you lost your father to that horrible, horrible disease.

Edit: I see it was your father's birthday...not the day he passed. Still "interesting" to me.
The blend date of my truck was 1/6/22, my cousin who was like a younger brother to me, died of cancer last month on 1/6/22.

He was always into 4x4s and offroading, overlanding, camping. I always had a sedan, so I'd go with him. This F-150 FX4 is my first 4x4, and I console myself that his spirit and love for the outdoors lives on.

I had really wanted to take him when I finally got my truck, but I'll take his young sons out instead now.
Sponsored