Sponsored

Lockable Rear Storage - Do you like it?

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I really like it, without it where do you put tie downs, oil, ice scrapers, jumper cables, etc etc. I have it loaded up with stuff that would have no great place to store, creates tons of space. Unless you have a very specific know reason for needing the flat floor, very much with the $200
Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I couldn’t get it with my current truck because of the 2kw inverterter. I decided not to get it in the powerboost that I ordered because Ive found that I like plastic containers under the seat better because they can be pulled out individually without raising the seat. For anyone with car seats the storage under the seat becomes worthless if you have to unbuckle the car seat to get to it.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I really like it, without it where do you put tie downs, oil, ice scrapers, jumper cables, etc etc. I have it loaded up with stuff that would have no great place to store, creates tons of space. Unless you have a very specific know reason for needing the flat floor, very much with the $200
There is still a bin under the 60% side large enough for those items. See my pic earlier in thread.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
There is still a bin under the 60% side large enough for those items. See my pic earlier in thread.
Ah yeah that's good there's something, but not enough for me. Again unless someone has a very specific regular need for the flat open space, I think for $200 it's a great feature.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I opted not to get the fold flat storage and instead use a WeatherTech under seat bin/organizer. The reason is that when I need a flat floor, I can remove the entire bin without having to unload it and then just stick it in the bed. With the fold flat option, I’d have to empty it first and then find some place to put the loose stuff before I could fold it down.

Sponsored

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
I like the ability to store detailing supplies/window cleaner cans and misc. gear so they aren't rolling around under the seat.

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
Like it a lot, especially to keep small stuff from rolling around. Really like the locking feature and the ease of folding when I don’t need it. One of the cheapest options available and well worth it.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I like it but would have preferred it to be recessed into the floor. Is it worth it? For me, Yes. For others, the mileage may vary.
I guess it never struck me that it would be recessed into the floor since these are production vehicles...if there were going to be a different floorpan for vehicles with this option, I'm sure it would be cost prohibitive...my two cents

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
I ordered this option but I haven't really seen it in action. I found this video today and I'm not sure I want it. It looks like when it's flat, it's still not flat? If I wanted to put a rectangle bin in the back, would it sit flat between the rear and front seat over the storage? I thought it was storage in the floor but it just looks like a popup organizer that is lockable.

I love mine. Tool bag, seat cover for the dog, and other essentials are kept there. My wife locks her pocketbook in there when we are at the games. The "issue" when it is folded is negligible. I can fit huge coolers, boxes, etc in the back with the seat up and storage down. I am very glad I have it. My .02

Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I do not have and can only give my opinion based on not having it.

The main reason that I think that I wouldn't like the built in storage is because it is not completely flat. By not having it, I was able to sleep pretty comfortably in the rear cabin on a recent trip. I'm 5'9" and a side sleeper. So, having the rear seats up and using the entire floor space diagonally gave me better room to stretch my legs out.

I saw that WeatherTech has a after market storage solution (see below), which could allow me to improve my under seat storage and remove to put in the bed of my truck if I needed to. However, this isn't the perfect solution for me because I would want it to have a weather proof cover.
Ford F-150 Lockable Rear Storage - Do you like it? Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 12.15.10 PM

At this point I would prefer to use see through containers with covers that I could move back and forth between the cabin (under the seat) and the bed (under the tonneau cover).

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I ordered this option but I haven't really seen it in action. I found this video today and I'm not sure I want it. It looks like when it's flat, it's still not flat? If I wanted to put a rectangle bin in the back, would it sit flat between the rear and front seat over the storage? I thought it was storage in the floor but it just looks like a popup organizer that is lockable.

I got it for gun transportation, as in Canada, restricted guns are required to be locked and non visible to prying eyes. to date however, I've not used for that, but my battery jumper cables, first aid kit, snow brush :D, industrial paper towels, towing harnesses, and box links, all reside in there. Since the folded unit doesn't interfere with passengers' feet the 1" extra height doesn't bother me. The rubber winter mats. are customized to shorter carpeted floor anyway.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Since we don't need snow brushes in FL, my wife puts her purse in the armrest since it locks. hah! :)

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Since we don't need snow brushes in FL, my wife puts her purse in the armrest since it locks. hah! :)
The center console locks?

Btw ignoring your snow brush comment 3" on the way here :sneaky:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
The center console locks?

Btw ignoring your snow brush comment 3" on the way here :sneaky:
Look by the release button.

I miss the snow. All we get around here is year round vampire mosquitos.
Sponsored

Last edited: