RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Yea, AWD/4wd and tow/haul
Nannies off.
At you’re own risk of course
Eh I wouldn't worry too much about doing it fairly often. Depends how abusive it feels, I suppose. But I guarantee you that multiple engineers and test drivers at Ford spent weeks of putting repeated launches onto all of these drivetrains combinations to fully torture test them.

Another silly hooning question since we're here; does the powerboost do good stationary burnouts in 2wd? It's a dumb way to shred tires but I dunno, sometimes you gotta flex a little in the parking lot. :LOL:

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Eh I wouldn't worry too much about doing it fairly often. Depends how abusive it feels, I suppose. But I guarantee you that multiple engineers and test drivers at Ford spent weeks of putting repeated launches onto all of these drivetrains combinations to fully torture test them.

Another silly hooning question since we're here; does the powerboost do good stationary burnouts in 2wd? It's a dumb way to shred tires but I dunno, sometimes you gotta flex a little in the parking lot. :LOL:
Maybe... But figuring out how to setup is another thing. I tried to build a nanny turnoff recipe list like I did for my other vehicles (push trac button, hold button for 10 secs while stopped, with foot on the brake, clicking ruby slippers 3 times, whatever) but at that time I don't think anyone had enough experience to say... and Ford certainly didn't make things clear.

Heck... I got stuck crossing a muddy field thinking that 4H was all I needed.... a wheel spun some and TC cut power and I had to either fiddle with traction control (or select mud mode) . A hard turning launch in sport mode almost got me T boned because the truck cut power when I got a little wheel spin.

We have tons of power even stock but the nannies can mess you up. The discussion was here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...y-controls-esc-traction-control-tc-help.7747/

Last edited:

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Ugh. The newer and fancier automobiles get, the worse they are to drive sometimes. Just let us turn all the damn traction controls off with ONE BUTTON on the dashboard. I come from a long line of modified volkswagens which have also gotten worse as they get newer, but generally still allowed for wheel spin when you want it.

But I had a coworker with a 2014 focus that was a literal death trap on icy roads, because you couldn't wheel spin under power to get unstuck. So you would sit blocking intersections as one wheel spins, then T/C cuts power. And repeat; while going nowhere.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Received the tunes back from Livernois today. :) Loaded the 93 performance tune and went for a quick 10 mile drive during my lunch break.

I haven't gone WOT yet, but I can definitely feel a massive difference over stock. Torque is always there, and it always seems to be in the right gear; if not, light throttle quickly downshifts a gear or two. I easily broke the tires loose turning right onto a main road as well until the nannies kicked in.

I'll give it a week or two of normal driving to let the trans learn. The first few shifts were pretty harsh, but it smoothed out quite a bit during that short drive. I didn't find it off-putting or horrible, but time will tell as it continues to learn. Light throttle shifting felt very similar to stock; maybe a tick more firm.

Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Nice does your tube say v6 or did they release a v7 yet?
Hmm. I'm not sure. I don't see anything with a version number in the MyCalibrator software, or when it's connected to the vehicle.

I do believe they updated their maps recently, at least for the regular 3.5EB. They posted a video a few days ago -

Ford F-150 Livernois tuner for Powerboost? Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 3.40.18 PM

The comments I received when they sent the tune back today seem to elude to a newer tune as well - " I have set you up with the latest 87-93 performance / towing and the more powerful 91-93 octane premium fuel required performance tuning"

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Ah, thanks! . I didn't think to expand the field. Mine are v6 apparently.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Put another 20 miles on it tonight. Trans is smoothing out nicely, though still firmer than stock. Driveability is great; my wife didn't complain once from the passenger seat. 😂

It's really hard not to launch this thing though, especially since the Dragy came today as well..

Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Those of you who ordered tunes... what tunes did you get? Which ones are you using? Which do you recommend? Any to avoid?

Last edited:

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I am using the 93 performance. Happy with that. I don’t tow anything right now. I switch to tow/haul if I am carrying any sort of weight

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I asked for 87 and 93 octane performance and towing tunes. I received a 91-93 performance tune and a 87-93 performance/towing tune.

I loaded the 93 performance tune, obviously, but will switch to the other if I take a road trip and may not have access to 93 when I travel. I rarely tow, so not much of a factor. Happy I'm safe if so.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Also to update, another 50 miles of driving - shifting is just about perfect now. Zero complaints with the tune itself or trans tuning.