• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Build & Price for Canada?

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Element; 2010 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Yeah I noticed that going through their site after I posted that. Guess they’re getting greedy now.
I noticed the markups on other F150s (PB's, in this case). They include the stickers, and I'm seeing Markups $2k over MSRP. Ugh... annoying...
Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I noticed the markups on other F150s (PB's, in this case). They include the stickers, and I'm seeing Markups $2k over MSRP. Ugh... annoying...
$2k isn't bad considering the price of the truck. We just had to get my wife a new car (ended up getting a 2022 toyota corolla cross that wont arrive until next month) due to her car being a total loss from an accident. The Toyota dealer is charging $1k over MSRP AND a $1800 dealer doc fee. Thankfully we had replacement insurance and it looks like they are covering those fees. The corolla cross is $30k MSRP for reference.

The only difference is that trucks used to sell for much below MSRP before the chip shortages.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
The only difference is that trucks used to sell for much below MSRP before the chip shortages.
I think this part is what really bothers me. I distinctively remember getting a quote of $49,500 for a leftover 2019 502A Lariat at the start of the pandemic (March 2020) from a dealer in Alberta. In hindsight I could have bought that truck, drove it until now and traded it in on the Lightning and broke even at the very least.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I think this part is what really bothers me. I distinctively remember getting a quote of $49,500 for a leftover 2019 502A Lariat at the start of the pandemic (March 2020) from a dealer in Alberta. In hindsight I could have bought that truck, drove it until now and traded it in on the Lightning and broke even at the very least.
Nevermind break even, you probably would have come out of it with money in your pocket.
My wife got in an accident that was a total loss and insurance offered her $1k less than she paid 2.5 years ago. We had replacement insurance through a 3rd party so they are covering even more which in the end will probably be more than what we paid as it covers markups on vehicles and dealer doc fees too.

Hopefully some Canadians start getting build dates soon as I haven't seen anyone really post any (or the 2 dealers I've asked, haven't gotten even 1 build date yet)

Sponsored

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
My dealer actually called me with a build date on 5/2 so... I'm assuming I can't be the only one.

That being said, my dealer did tell me that only XLTs and Lariats had received build dates.

pbd05

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 F150 XTR, '22 Lighting Lariat ER & SR
My dealer had one XLT, one Lariat low, and one Lariat high as allocations for the year. I ordered the Lariat high and was the first one to place their order on Jan 21 (give or take). Talking to the dealer this week he's got build dates for the other two lightnings, but not mine. I'm a bit irk since I did order first, but there's no reason rhyme or reason to it all according to him. Build dates for the other two trucks are mid May and early June.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My dealer actually called me with a build date on 5/2 so... I'm assuming I can't be the only one.

That being said, my dealer did tell me that only XLTs and Lariats had received build dates.
What does your FORD.COM order page show?
Was this a development this week or did it happen a couple of weeks ago and you only got word from the dealer now?

The dealer might only see that from their perspective, but nationwide there have been several Platinums scheduled for members of the forum

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
Sorry, I have had my date for over a month and yes this is strictly the information given by my dealer (his platinum order did not have a date yet).

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
Has anyone been able to track their Canadian Lightning order with Fords Tracker? It still hasn't worked for me, and actually states " Invalid Order Number".

The reservation page still shows : Place Order in Progress.

So I contacted my dealer yesterday for an update, and she sent me this:

1965W1E1FT6W1EV3NWG036xxF-150In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (2022-04-20)Rouge Electric Vehicle Center (revc), MIMar-18-2022TBDTBDETA Pending Final Launch Readiness Sign Off Expected Spring 2022

Interestingly enough, It's gone from a Build Week of April 18th, to a Scheduled to Day of April 20th.

Not sure what the March 18 2022 date is representing.

Sponsored

NickG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Lexus RX450H, 2006 Honda Accord V6
Has anyone been able to track their Canadian Lightning order with Fords Tracker? It still hasn't worked for me, and actually states " Invalid Order Number".

1965W1E1FT6W1EV3NWG036xxF-150In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (2022-04-20)Rouge Electric Vehicle Center (revc), MIMar-18-2022TBDTBDETA Pending Final Launch Readiness Sign Off Expected Spring 2022

Interestingly enough, It's gone from a Build Week of April 18th, to a Scheduled to Day of April 20th.

When my dealer provided me with my VIN and order #, he advised that the tracker won’t work until two days into production.
Was originally scheduled for “early May” production. Even so, I do still check once in a while if the tracker is Live or not.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

Use the number 1965 they have listed there. That’s what worked for mine (US). My order number didn’t work at all either and I tried most forms of it. I will say there was no real information in mine that was worth following the process lol.

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks Raven.

I entered 1965 instead and it stated: This vehicle is not yet available in order tracking at this time, please check back later

That's more comforting than Invalid Order Number, but yes, not very informative. Cheers.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Well fubar79 as a fellow Ontario Canadian order holder, I am encouraged to see you have a VIN and a build date. I think you are the first Canadian to report so far.

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
Galactus55

Me dealership stated they were allotted 13 Lightnings for '22, out of 160 reservations.
My guess is FORD is trying to spread out the '22s for maximum exposure.
Sponsored