First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Yeah I don't disagree. I guess I was hoping for a version with revamped hardware to possibly make it better. Maybe a software/hardware update to coincide with the Super Duty launch with maybe improved performance and allow features like auto lane change.
Wondering if Ford faced some issues with the size of the truck? Maybe that’s why they canceled it on the raptor too? Who knows. I hope they improve it, but in its current state, it’s just not worth paying for.
Sponsored

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Featuring Max Recline when we have not been able to get it in months.
I'll be danged, that does bite, I really wanted the Max Recline seats, but like all who order the F150, it wasn't an option due to chip shortage. WTF I also wanted HUD, but was told that wasn't an option with ford either. Looks like if I don't get my 2023, do to parts shipping delay on engine parts, Blue Oval Badges shortage, and who knows what else, I may be able to get those in the 2025 as It may take that long to get a truck. Rrrrrrr. Nothing we can do but wait.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
blue cruise is like Mercedes and tesla and gm its quirky because DOT cant seem to be uniform on road markings or width of stripes and less wiggly
i bet in a short time it will be amazing at how well it works
remember roads are horrible in the US. they need to fix the screw ups
i have a gore point on a 2 lane that screws up my lane keeping every time, because they put the white line in the wrong so truck thinks your running off the road and tries to veer hard left then to correct when the proper yellow is computed.

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Straight from GM. Had those on my old Sierra. Very handy!
I loved the side bumper steps on my 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I'm ordering my F150 without checking out the new Silverado. If I'm to disappointed, I'll trade for a Chevy next year. I've owned both, and have no problem switching

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I'm really disappointed by the lack of a Hybrid option. Even if it wasn't the diesel. The electric really fills in a lot of gaps I've never noticed before. I sit in my TDi Jetta and wonder "why is the engine still on?"
This. After primarily driving my powerboost typical ice cars hit funny. I was driving my wife’s jeep to get the tires rotated, and while sitting at a light, I actually said out loud (without meaning to) “why are you still idling?”. With currently hardware, hybrids just make sense.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
This. After primarily driving my powerboost typical ice cars hit funny. I was driving my wife’s jeep to get the tires rotated, and while sitting at a light, I actually said out loud (without meaning to) “why are you still idling?”. With currently hardware, hybrids just make sense.
I have no proof of anything, so I am not trying to argue, but your comment got me thinking.

I wonder if there is an issue with hybridizing a vehicle that is used/abused in the way these diesel trucks are, or if hybridization would make them heavy enough to push them into a different class of vehicles. Or if supply chain issues won’t allow them to do it

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Behind the curve? This would mean that other manufactures are ahead of Ford.
The demand curve. If you're comparing yourself to the competition looking for direction, you're not a leader.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I have no proof of anything, so I am not trying to argue, but your comment got me thinking.

I wonder if there is an issue with hybridizing a vehicle that is used/abused in the way these diesel trucks are, or if hybridization would make them heavy enough to push them into a different class of vehicles. Or if supply chain issues won’t allow them to do it
I suppose if they got heavy enough and GCWR over a certain amount it would require a CDL to operate. I don’t know the actual rules and regulations but that’s a thought.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Every manufacturer should have bumper steps. Just own it and admit it's the best, easiest to use, cheapest and most reliable solution out there and move on.

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
2kw isn’t a lot… and you still can’t record with the build in cameras.
Not a huge fan of the 2kw. It would be nice for tailgating, which I do, but it is not practical to have to run the truck. I always find it funny that Ford advertises this as ideal for tailgating. Nothing beats tailgating sitting behind your truck inhaling exhaust fumes from your truck.
Although, I will say I have used it to power up my refers at home during power outages. Still sucks having to leave the truck running.

Sponsored

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
I loved the side bumper steps on my 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ. I'm ordering my F150 without checking out the new Silverado. If I'm to disappointed, I'll trade for a Chevy next year. I've owned both, and have no problem switching
I'm there with you. The new refreshed 2500HD's for 2024 are looking really good, and that interior is mint.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I'm there with you. The new refreshed 2500HD's for 2024 are looking really good, and that interior is mint.
Agreed. GM really stepped up on the interior of their trucks on the latest refreshes.

Had the refreshed 1500 been out with the 3.0L Duramax, it would have been a tough decision between that an my F150.

Rams have great interiors but I didn't want another V8. Wanted to try the TT V6 I kept hearing was going to tow circles around my 5.0L. Had Ram come out with the inline TT 6.... That would have been a contender too....

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have an '17 Wrangler and at least once per trip out, even sitting still while 4-wheeling, I question why the engine is still running. It is a new world when you drive a hybrid.
Sponsored