Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ford is behind the curve -- Divert lightning cells to F150s and 250s already for PHEV. Tap those new tax 'credits' already. Use the explorer / aviator elec motor w/ the 3.5L and a 20kWh battery pack. Given that the batteries are the weak spot, a whole lot more good can be done by making 5 PHEV vs a single std range lightning. That would yield up to 40 MPGe, make the 7.2kW inverter the 'base' and make a 15kWh optional.

This could produce a combined power rating of 540hp and 740ftlb tq. The 3.0 ecoboost hybrid system in the aviator yields 500hp and 630ftlb tq already with a smaller battery.

They've already got terrain route planning info available that could allow the system to 'prepare' the battery for enhanced electric engine braking by making sure the pack is at a 20-40% SOC before encountering slopes, etc....

Lots of potential right now to make high utility vehicles that offer the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
Featuring Max Recline when we have not been able to get it in months.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
hood looks like air management got a tweak, it was already tight with the 6.7 engine. i would love to see what got re-arranged under the hood. my 21 250 had very little free space
maybe they fixed the HOOD jump when trucks pass you. my 150 is doing it now to scare the crap out of you when it acts like its going to blow open or off
wonder why active air dam was not put on?
what was NEW in the 6.7 engine? real cryptic
4x4 is standard on xlt and above...i cant say when i last saw a 2wd single wheel super duty.
does this mean all dual wheel trucks will be 4x4 as standard?

Ford F-150 The Next-Gen 2023 Ford Super Duty Has Landed! 2 New Engine Options, ProPower Onboard, Smart Towing & More 20210405_170021

Last edited:

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I'm really disappointed by the lack of a Hybrid option. Even if it wasn't the diesel. The electric really fills in a lot of gaps I've never noticed before. I sit in my TDi Jetta and wonder "why is the engine still on?"

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Ford is behind the curve -- Divert lightning cells to F150s and 250s already for PHEV. Tap those new tax 'credits' already. Use the explorer / aviator elec motor w/ the 3.5L and a 20kWh battery pack. Given that the batteries are the weak spot, a whole lot more good can be done by making 5 PHEV vs a single std range lightning. That would yield up to 40 MPGe, make the 7.2kW inverter the 'base' and make a 15kWh optional.

This could produce a combined power rating of 540hp and 740ftlb tq. The 3.0 ecoboost hybrid system in the aviator yields 500hp and 630ftlb tq already with a smaller battery.

They've already got terrain route planning info available that could allow the system to 'prepare' the battery for enhanced electric engine braking by making sure the pack is at a 20-40% SOC before encountering slopes, etc....

Lots of potential right now to make high utility vehicles that offer the best of both worlds.
Behind the curve? This would mean that other manufactures are ahead of Ford.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
I sure would like to have that rear bumper; those steps built into the sides would be nice!

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I sure would like to have that rear bumper; those steps built into the sides would be nice!
Straight from GM. Had those on my old Sierra. Very handy!

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
what was NEW in the 6.7 engine? real cryptic
I think it was only the HO option that was new, and dev isn't finalized so they had nothing to share. Same with the 6.8.

I mean, I noticed in all the YouTube coverage the rear tailgate grip for your hand at the corner was in a different place on the demo trucks (bed rail) vs the video Ford had playing (on the tailgate). That's probably not even finalized...

I will be busting out a measuring tape when they hit the road. Might need a little spacing and look a touch out of place, but if it's cheap and it works...

Though I think there is room for someone to come out with add on pieces where you cut out your bumper and bolt in some pocket steps. You can tie them into the bumper frame to support. Same with the bedside steps. They already have ones that bottle to the frame under there that retract, so make it static at bed height, and then offer the plastic trim to cut your bedside.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Not really. Blue cruise is overrated tbh. I won’t be renewing it in my F150. It’s just too unpolished and clunky.
Yeah I don't disagree. I guess I was hoping for a version with revamped hardware to possibly make it better. Maybe a software/hardware update to coincide with the Super Duty launch with maybe improved performance and allow features like auto lane change.
Sponsored