Lariat Power Running Boards

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL350
I thought I had read somewhere that there were standard, but that might have been some preproduction paperwork. I agree the price is reasonable, but I don't want to wait any longer than I have to, and power anything is just one more item to break the day after the warranty ends.
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
To those that have added them, any word from your dealers on what the projected delay is? What's the delay if you option them for an ICE truck?

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
I just added mine in SoCal and it came to $255 for some reason.

My dealer isn't charging me ADM so I'm not going to fuss over $30 bucks...
I just checked and mine was $255 as well. I knew it had a repeating digit but didn’t remember which one lol. It was a fraction of 1% of the truck cost, so I just didn’t care enough to actually remember at the time haha.

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
shouldn't they be free since they were supposed to be standard issue. Was the $225 for the cover or the running boards? Didn't the op add both?
I’m the person who added both (not the OP that I know of). The $255 was the power running boards. The retractable tonneau cover was more…like around $1,500 or something I vaguely remember. That and the max recline seats were all ‘must haves’ to me, so I didn’t really care/look at the price.

To those that have added them, any word from your dealers on what the projected delay is? What's the delay if you option them for an ICE truck?
I didn’t ask if they knew. I had a rental Expedition Limited with the power boards and one with fixed for a few months last year. I was far less satisfied with the fixed boards so I figured even if I have to wait an extra month or whatever, that’s fine. Plus, I was a Wave 5 order so towards the back of the line anyway for 22s.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am also wave 5. I generally have no problem waiting for what I want, and the price is a no-brainer, but I am concerned that the powered running boards will effectively cost me a lot more than $255 if I lose out on the full tax credit by delaying my delivery.

Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
I am also wave 5. I generally have no problem waiting for what I want, and the price is a no-brainer, but I am concerned that the powered running boards will effectively cost me a lot more than $255 if I lose out on the full tax credit by delaying my delivery.
I also am cognizant of the tax credit phase out…but it looks like Ford will hit that in Q3 now, so likely through the end of the year it will be a full credit.

ETA: Ford had ~40k to go to reach 200k units at the start of the year. They only sold ~2k Mustang Mach-Es in February, for example…. they might hit it in Q2, but I suspect Ford might throttle like Tesla did to have it reach Q3 so they get two full quarters of full credit.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER (ordered)
Due to the way the tax credit phases out, I think our Lightnings would have to be delayed for over a year for us not to receive the full amount.

I would be surprised if people who optioned their Lightnings weren't given a chance to accept an as-built truck if delays start piling up.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Those are helpful comments. I had to read up on how the credit worked, and it does not start to roll off until two quarters after the manufacturer hits 200k units delivered. So if they ship EV 199,999 on June 30th and on July 1st they ship their 200,000th EV, buyers receive the full credit for the 3rd quarter as well as the 4th (through 2022). Buyers who take delivery from 1/1/23 - 3/31/23 would only receive $3750, and 4/1/23 - 6/30/23 would get $1875. Correct?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I had my order updated. Noticed that I lost the generated image from the ford.com reservation page. Guess they don't have the asset for it and it errors. edit: actually, now it's displaying correctly:

1648166744990.png

Last edited:

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 King Ranch
For those of you that have added power running boards. Do you have a production date yet? Mine in scheduled for week of 5/2/22. I want to add the running boards but don't want to delay the order.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
For those of you that have added power running boards. Do you have a production date yet? Mine in scheduled for week of 5/2/22. I want to add the running boards but don't want to delay the order.
Check with your dealer but usually you can't make changes once your order has a scheduled production date.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I had my order updated. Noticed that I lost the generated image from the ford.com reservation page. Guess they don't have the asset for it and it errors. edit: actually, now it's displaying correctly:

1648166744990.png
Was your truck already scheduled? What is your build date? Can you tell us if it updated or has changed after you added the running boards?

I just checked this afternoon on my truck, the running boards still show late availability. Currently I do not have the power boards added. However I'm scheduled for the week of May 23 and now even a specific day of May 27. They clicked on to add the running boards and it didn't change my dates. I don't know what happens if they leave them though, they may pull me from scheduling which I definitely don't want.

Last edited:

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Was your truck already scheduled? What is your build date? Can you tell us if it updated or has changed after you added the running boards?

I just checked this afternoon on my ruck, the running boards still show late availability. Currently I do not have the power boards added. However I'm scheduled for the week of May 23 and now even a specific day of May 27. They clicked on to add the running boards and it didn't change my dates. I don't know what happens if they leave them though, they may pull me from scheduling which I definitely don't want.
I was not scheduled, no, and still am not. I'm just assuming it'll be the end of the year for me. Keep us updated.

Reactions: GDN

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER (ordered)
So, 2022 without or 2023 with?
I don't think 2023 with is an option.

The owner just sent me an updated build sheet with a note saying they were NLA. Didn't ask if I wanted them badly enough to wait for next year.

I think that note is more of a "try again next year" than it being a "delay your already ordered truck until next year" thing.
Sponsored