Sponsored

Lariat interior care

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I'm no detailing expert but my brother in law turned me on to the Invisible Glass kit and I haven't used anything else since. Love that wand and the spray works very well.

As for dust, I'm shocked at how well my California Duster still does. More than a decade and it still works like new.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
For 12 years in my wife's Venza with leather seats, I used a product called Leather Honey. It is used in the equestrian world for keeping saddles supple. It is like honey and goes on goey and sticky and you need to let it sit on there for a couple of hours. Then you kind of buff it out. Once a year or even every couple of years works fine for me. It is not an easy process but the leather has been fantastic for all these years.

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
I was using lexol but switched last year to Turlewax:
https://www.turtlewax.com/products/hybrid-solutions-leather-mist
It doesen't fill in the perferations and literally takes a couple minutes to clean and condition the seats, steering wheel and armrest. YMMV but for the ease of use over the Lexol and a nice scent, I will take it!

OP
OP
fordtruckman2003

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
Negative reviews there on dark leather saying it leaves spots. 🤔
I have the dark interior and had the spotting issue when I first used the mist when I sprayed directly on the leather. SImply spray a microfiber towel first then use on the leather and you won't have any spotting issues or overspray when detailing the sterring wheel and such. I really like the matt finish and no greasy residue.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have a static mope thing thats yellow and it picks up TONS of dust
i guess its like a swifter.
i use it on the bus to in the garage to remove fling dust stuff
rinse with cold water and its ready for next use

lexol for me on leather.. for what seems like eons saddles, belts, seats, holsters etc

i have found an issue using lexol ....... if you drive naked, you will slide around a bit 🤗 in the saddle ,

OP
OP
fordtruckman2003

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Lot of good ideas on this thread. :)

Stevenbm99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I used a leather cleaner and conditioner on the brown on the sport interior and it darkened it up a bit. I think i like it a little better.

Stevenbm99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Some pucs if u can tell a difference. Seemed lighter and almost dry looking before. Just my opinion.

Ford F-150 Lariat interior care IMG_2056

Ford F-150 Lariat interior care IMG_2055

Ford F-150 Lariat interior care IMG_2057

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Depends on how dirty it is. If an interior is dusty / dirty, warm mildly soapy water will get it clean (enough soap to take on oils, not enough that you need a dedicated rinse -- though some areas may need just that, a spray bottle with a much higher soap concentration to treat the rag is an easy solution). Wipe, dip, wring. Avoid cleaning screens and IPC with the mix. Immediately follow up with a microfiber to remove any water left. Wring out the cleaning towel to minimize remaining surface water. The windows can be 'pre-cleaned' with the same solution / towel and then followed up with a glass cleaner (helps for inside windshield). I use one of those triangular head things on a stick with a microfiber head so the soap pre-wash really increases its efficacy as the head stays clean.

IPCs are notorious for being easily scratched so use a microfiber in a manner the wipes and lifts away anything on it to avoid scratching its 'soft' plastic.

Seats I typically vac thoroughly with a soft brush head. Most products these days are multi-surface when it comes to dressing. Quite a lot of modern interiors contain no animal products. The MME for instance has faux leather / suede throughout including the doors and dash. I don't really do anything but clean the dash w/ the water -- any dressing that hangs around just grabs onto dirt / pollen. Just be cognizant of the little holes in the seats -- avoid a loaded up rag w/ product that's just going to come off the rag and fill the holes.

Those little holes in the seat are a bit too easily harmed by clothing, so treating the seats helps keep them alive longer by providing a little bit of lubrication and making them a little bit softer. I've seen more than one person complaining about how easy they are to damage -- which they are.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Some pucs if u can tell a difference. Seemed lighter and almost dry looking before. Just my opinion.
Of course putting something on plastic will change its appearance. It really comes down to personal preference. It's easier to do quick cleans w/ out product on it using a vac and a little detail brush. Just flick the dust into the vac w/ the detail brush. I have a dedicated brush head for the shop-vac for vehicle interiors that makes quick work of cleaning.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Story time… Remember when Armor All was the craze. In the 80’s I owned a Toyota Tacoma with vinyl flooring, back when the FM radio was an upgrade.

One day, I decided it was time to wash the flooring due to weeks of road construction mess. Afterwards, I decided, hey let’s use this nifty “vinyl protector” on the vinyl floor 🤪

Life’s full of lessons…

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I’m not super meticulous with my truck but do every few months give it a full wipe down. I usually just hit everything with Meguiers Quik Interior Detailer. When I first bought it I was a bit more meticulous and would hit it with a horsehair brush and then use a leather/vinyl conditioner but then realized it was pretty easy to keep things clean with a pretty quick wipe down. I just use it on all the surfaces - including screens doors etc except glass (where I use a glass cleaner) mostly to get dust off since we spend a fair amount of time on fire roads.

I will say where the full cleaning has come in handy is my wife’s CR-V which has a light colored “leather” that gets super dirty. Full horsehair scrub and cleaning made a huge difference there as I never really cleaned it until it had about 40k miles on it. I probably give everything a good wipe down every 3-5k miles in the truck and it’s stayed pretty clean on the inside over the 33k miles or so we’ve put on it in the last 2+ years.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Story time… Remember when Armor All was the craze. In the 80’s I owned a Toyota Tacoma with vinyl flooring, back when the FM radio was an upgrade.

One day, I decided it was time to wash the flooring due to weeks of road construction mess. Afterwards, I decided, hey let’s use this nifty “vinyl protector” on the vinyl floor 🤪

Life’s full of lessons…
just a slip sliding away ... (y)
Sponsored