First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I have a 22 XLT with 302A, Lane Keep Assist, and pro trailer backup assist. While using backup assist today, I wondered about lane centering. I have the front camera for LKA, as well as camera 360. And the steering wheel has the motors for steering (at least when in reverse). What is needed then for lane centering? I see it is tied to ACC which i don't have but wonder if a module is all that's missing.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mrtull

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Also interested in this.
Following this thread, I have determined that advanced cruise control and lane centering are inseparable; can't have one whiteout the other. I was hoping the module could be added by itself but I think it will take the full install.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Yes, you have to add ACC, without it the modules will reject the commands from the IPMA.

I have to answer this question multiple times per week about OpenPilot, since it can use vision-only for ACC people think they can use it instead of the Ford ACC. It takes hours and sometimes days to explain to them that without the Ford ACC, the PSCM, ABS, and PCM will reject any commands coming from OpenPilot.

OP
OP
mrtull

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I was hoping OpenPilot would be an option but (for now) it's not meant to be. So bizarre how people will ask those of you who know and then not accept the "no" when they get it..
Sponsored