First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
while my MachE is still a 1000x better than my F150, I have come to find that keeping the windshield in front of the camera squeaky clean makes a huge difference. Several road trips the “ping pong” has gotten really bad, so I pit stop and clean the windshield (without turning off the truck, so no software reboot) and lane holding gets much steadier.
yep me to
i found this very useful on my trip to fl last month, bugs and road grime are a sure fire way to mess with HAL
Sponsored

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Unfortunately my windshield won't be grime free until the spring - joys of living where winter hits :)
The wipers and squirts should take care of that tho...

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Mine favors the right and vigorously tries to 'exit right' whenever the right-side solid white line follows an exit ramp ...... gotta stay on yer toes to prevent that swerve when passing those.
We've got a state highway with similar exit styles on the left so it's not exclusive to right lane openings. That's half of the fun of using it. 75mph and the trucks confidently proceeds to exit and then looks drunk yanking it back. Weeee. I don't correct it most of the time, unless it panics. There's curves where it starts turning and then 'quits' but still kinda turns but is yelling it's out of parameters. You'd be surprised at what it's capable of. I use the LKA in both vehicles most of the time.

It's a bit better suited to the MME as it doesn't brake, it just regens. The MME is fun but weighs as much as the 5.0 and 3.5EB crew cabs. 5200lbs w/ me in it, still feels like it's on rails though. 500hp and 630tq from a stand still. The F150s self driving is better refined IMO -- they're not all the same. The F150's needs roll correction, when the body leans the camera thinks its tracking differently.

If they implemented the 360 cams the system would be better. The 'new' version might. All MMEs now come with 360 cams and bluecruise (not enabled) but it's all the default build now. $1900 to turn on the cameras and bluecruise as a subscription. Ford going the tesla route, except for F150s where they're deleting things. The new computer is imminent as well.

New bluecruise allows you to select your position in the lane (center, left, or right riding) and auto lane changes.

Groovy

First Name
Grover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2021 Mach 1
Mine favors the right side. Also ping pongs between the lines at times.

Robbie Racer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Same with my truck. It favors the right side. Also ping pongs between the lines at times.

walnutF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 3.5 EB Platinum
My Platinum favors the right side of lane. No issues except when you are going buy semi's.
Sponsored