don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Hey guys,
new to the forums and interested in the new F150 to replace my 10yr old Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Quick question for you guys though.
Aside for the minor aesthetic and interior color options, what are the key differences between comparably equipped King Ranch, Platinum and Limited models?
Especially since the HO EB was canned for the Limited?
Priced as evenly as possible with the regular EB, the 4WD Limited comes out about $4K dearer than the Platinum and $3K more than the King Ranch but I cannot see what the Limited offers over the other two other than exclusivity.

Thanks
We checked out all three: we personally liked the seats in the Platinum. We are RVers, so the seat comfort are a big deal for us on those longer trips.

We knew we could option out any of the tRim levels the way we wanted it.
Sponsored

Ntenzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
We're all in a pretty unique position to be having this discussion - some pretty top end trucks! I ended up ordering a KR loaded up to a Limited level just because I loved that brown KR leather interior on the Smoked Quartz. I even got the KR monochrome package so the SQ was across the truck. I think the Limited and Platinum are beautiful it was just a preference on the interior. I actually think the caramel interior of the Platinum is sweet, but envision the dye in my jeans ultimately rubbing off and dyeing those caramel seats over time, so the darker brown seemed like a slightly longer term play. Plus, aside from the logic, I might have a little George Strait heart in me, I might reside in Tennessee, but I miss Texas ;-) Now, if I could ever get that damn VIN number and my truck scheduled for production!

Renegade21

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Director
I happen to love the blue interior of my 2021 Limited Powerboost, not to mention the technology, power and comfort. If it puts a smile on your face when you drive it, then all the choices discussed on this thread are excellent.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I suppose I am almost always the Odd-Man out.
I buy a new truck and KEEP it for 15+ years and drive it into the ground.

Next week my new Platinum should arrive.
It will replace my current 2005 w/ 265K on it, that replaced my 1987 that burned through 3 motors over it's 18yrs of driving.

I say get the high end and enjoy all the options.!!

That extra $2,000 amortized over 15 years is nothing... ;)
Me, too! My daily driver currently is a '92 F150 which I got from my dad a couple years ago. Before that I drove my '00 Mustang for pretty much 18 years. (I also have an '09 Mustang but I purposely keep the miles low on that one. Currently at 54k. I love to drive that one.) Once I get a new truck, I figure it will be the last vehicle I will buy.

Sponsored

Maljr1980

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
The biggest difference between the 3 is the tailgate appliqué.

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Me, too! My daily driver currently is a '92 F150 which I got from my dad a couple years ago. Before that I drove my '00 Mustang for pretty much 18 years. (I also have an '09 Mustang but I purposely keep the miles low on that one. Currently at 54k. I love to drive that one.) Once I get a new truck, I figure it will be the last vehicle I will buy.
Just broke through 10,000 miles last week on the new Platinum.
STILL IN LOVE WITH HER!!!

Ntenzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Alright, grew tired of the endless wait for the KR and stalked the inventory on Ford's website and found a Platinum PB up in Clarksville, everything I wanted save for the flat seats (que sera sera), plunked down the deposit and picked it up on Saturday. Beautiful truck, love it, my wife was absolutely against the truck purchase, melted into the seats on the drive home with the massager and has done nothing but praise it since. Love it!

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
On the topic of differences, the Limited also includes the weight scales and Continuously Controlled Dampening suspension.

When I was trying to configuring Platinums with the same options it seemed like there were a lot of limitations in trying to get them all added.

Sponsored

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
It hits my sweet spot too! :sneaky:
People seem to love the King Ranch interior the most with the Limited being a close second. Not surprising considering the King Ranch was the first full size light duty pickup truck and basically set the standard. The Platinum is comfortable but just not as pleasing to the eye to some.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
On the topic of differences, the Limited also includes the weight scales and Continuously Controlled Dampening suspension.

When I was trying to configuring Platinums with the same options it seemed like there were a lot of limitations in trying to get them all added.
I hear the Limited holds it value like crazy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Would love to hear more about people's thoughts on the seat comfort/leather feel/differences on each of the Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch!