Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Hope you get your new truck soon! 13k miles and 1.5 years later and still love it. I did put on a 2" level kit (ReadyLift 66-2120) with no impact to headlights, lane centering or adaptive cruise (my 600A package did not include BlueCruise). Between bigger tires and level my MPG are down 2-3% but worth the other improvements IMHO.

IMG_2201.jpg

Not that you asked, but I will offer up my favorite additions: Retrax Pro XR is a total game changer for someone who has always had trucks but for whatever reason never had a bed cover (totally secure, lockable and weather-resistant storage for the entire bed); Line-X bedliner; matte screen protector for center stack 12" screen.
Thank you, Really!! sweet looking Truck. My plan is to level mine and add new tires (275/65r20) The OEM tires have got to go!! I’ll add Line-X, bed cover, and several other items.

I want a good quite tire but not really a H/T tire, more A/T but with not a lot of noise.

Do you have a link to the Matte Screen Protector??
Thanks
Sponsored

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
Thank you, Really!! sweet looking Truck. My plan is to level mine and add new tires (275/65r20) The OEM tires have got to go!! I’ll add Line-X, bed cover, and several other items.

I want a good quite tire but not really a H/T tire, more A/T but with not a lot of noise.

Do you have a link to the Matte Screen Protector??
Thanks
Likely many, many more options today than back in March 2021 but here is the one I have:

https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/f150-12

Several threads on this board recommended it at that time and I am still happy with it.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Likely many, many more options today than back in March 2021 but here is the one I have:

https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/f150-12

Several threads on this board recommended it at that time and I am still happy with it.
I mean to ask you about the BFG KO2, are they quiet on the road??
And still performing after 13k…..
My truck is due in two weeks 🤞🏻🙏🏻, and I’m struggling as to what tire brand to put on. Definitely going with 275/65R20…..but want a good AT that is quiet.
I’ve looked at Falken Wildpeaks AT3w.however…….🤔
Thanks

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I may be nearing the end of my journey!

I checked with Ford on Chat on Friday. I was told that my King Ranch was still on chip hold, but it showed an ETA of 10/31-11/5. I thought no way, not if it's still on chip hold.

Well, lo and behold, my dealer informed me this AM that it looks like my truck is in San Antonio today, ETA of tomorrow. Hopefully it will happen. He said another customer has a Bronco there as well. Maybe they're just waiting to bring both of them together.

I have printed out my checklist as I expect to be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb. I really do hope it's in the next couple of days, because it's supposed to rain again Friday and I don't want to have to lay in puddles checking underneath, and I can't expect to check out the exterior in the rain either.

Nevertheless, HOPEFULLY it's coming to an end. One year and three weeks as of today since I placed the actual order.

For What it's worth; both ordertrack and the Ford website both indicate it's "in production".

Last edited:

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I may be nearing the end of my journey!

I checked with Ford on Chat on Friday. I was told that my King Ranch was still on chip hold, but it showed an ETA of 10/31-11/5. I thought no way, not if it's still on chip hold.

Well, lo and behold, my dealer informed me this AM that it looks like my truck is in San Antonio today, ETA of tomorrow. Hopefully it will happen. He said another customer has a Bronco there as well. Maybe they're just waiting to bring both of them together.

I have printed out my checklist as I expect to be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb. I really do hope it's in the next couple of days, because it's supposed to rain again Friday and I don't want to have to lay in puddles checking underneath, and I can't expect to check out the exterior in the rain either.

Nevertheless, HOPEFULLY it's coming to an end. One year and three weeks as of today since I placed the actual order.

For What it's worth; both ordertrack and the Ford website bother indicate it's "in production".
Wow, over a year and I thought my 9/10 months was bad…..I’m getting close too. 🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Sponsored

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Going to Granger on Saturday to pick this beauty up!

Ford F-150 King Ranch Club; Post Them Photos Truck 1

Ford F-150 King Ranch Club; Post Them Photos Truck 2

Ford F-150 King Ranch Club; Post Them Photos Truck 3

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I didn't even notice it, was too focused on that beautiful truck and that cool hitch cover!

Here are some of my inside shots of course will look the same as everyone else's. Lol

Got my bed spray-in done yesterday and Michelin's installed today. going to get my old bed cover on tomorrow and the mudflaps came in too. Remove some dealer advertising stickers too and whatever else I can squeeze in. Cut my antenna down to keep from banging the garage door too. Took about 8 inches off.

Took a shot of my MPGs from my drive back, 60% 4 lane not interstate @65 mph and 40% Cities at stop and go. I believe I'm in love with this thing! We don't have winter gas or even summer additives so engines seem to love that.

1611369498174.jpeg

1611369530199.jpeg

1611369555447.jpeg

1611369582270.jpeg

1611369612873.jpeg

1611369632282.jpeg
I’ve been going through old post….Your tires are Michelin Defender LTX m/s?
What size are they, * did you go to 275/65r20? or stay w/ the OEM recommended size.??
My KR is due soon ( 9 months late) and I’m debating on the Michelin’s Or an A/T type.
Thanks

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I’ve been going through old post….Your tires are Michelin Defender LTX m/s?
What size are they, * did you go to 275/65r20? or stay w/ the OEM recommended size.??
My KR is due soon ( 9 months late) and I’m debating on the Michelin’s Or an A/T type.
Thanks
I just did the factor size, 275 60rx20s. Love the tires almost 2 years later!

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I just did the factor size, 275 60rx20s. Love the tires almost 2 years later!
Thank you for your quick response. I have always ran Michelin defenders LTX on my vehicle’s, but this is the first KR (truck) I’ve had in a long time-so I was debating on what to purchase.
The original OEM tires have got to go once the truck is delivered.
Again Thank you (**and Thank you for your Military Service!!)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thank you for your quick response. I have always ran Michelin defenders LTX on my vehicle’s, but this is the first KR (truck) I’ve had in a long time-so I was debating on what to purchase.
Do you already know which tires are coming on the truck?
I didn't, and fully expected to replace them too, and WILL eventually with the Michelins.

But I at least wanted to experience how much I WOULDN'T like the tires that came on it. And I can't muster enough dislike to yank these yet. They're quiet, smooth, and I haven't been towing yet, so they aren't failing that test either. (I got a feeling that they are a little soft for that, just based on how comfortable they are empty)

It's the first Pirelli tire I have ever had on a truck

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I didn't, and fully expected to replace them too, and WILL eventually with the Michelins.

But I at least wanted to experience how much I WOULDN'T like the tires that came on it. And I can't muster enough dislike to yank these yet. They're quiet, smooth, and I haven't been towing yet, so they aren't failing that test either. (I got a feeling that they are a little soft for that, just based on how comfortable they are empty)

No, I do not know what’s coming on the truck, most likely it will be the Pirelli in which I don’t know why they put them on Ford vehicles-except for gas mileage for their EV vehicles🙃.
I was just wanting to go ahead and assume that they won’t be worth a dime and put something with better ratings and aesthetics.
I’ve run Michelin, LTX, M/S for years and years until they quit making the size for my older vehicle. -So I thought maybe I would put them on the king ranch but I go back-and-forth with a (quiet A/T) but I always come back to the Michelin LTX because it’s a great quality tire.

Many many years ago right out of high school, I had a 79 Porsche 924 Sebring that had Perelli’s and they were awesome tires back then but I don’t think they’re the right tire for pick up trucks – I may be wrong. 🤔🤔
I guess I need to be patient (as I have for so long) and ride on them for a while and see how they work for me -before I swap them for something else.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
No, I do not know what’s coming on the truck, most likely it will be the Pirelli in which I don’t know why they put them on Ford vehicles-except for gas mileage for their EV vehicles🙃.
I was just wanting to go ahead and assume that they won’t be worth a dime and put something with better ratings and aesthetics.
I’ve run Michelin, LTX, M/S for years and years until they quit making the size for my older vehicle. -So I thought maybe I would put them on the king ranch but I go back-and-forth with a (quiet A/T) but I always come back to the Michelin LTX because it’s a great quality tire.

Many many years ago right out of high school, I had a 79 Porsche 924 Sebring that had Perelli’s and they were awesome tires back then but I don’t think they’re the right tire for pick up trucks – I may be wrong. 🤔🤔
I guess I need to be patient (as I have for so long) and ride on them for a while and see how they work for me -before I swap them for something else.
I'm in the tropics.
So no winter driving issues.
So ice-snow just might expose their weaknesses?

I have a Porsche and a few motorcycles and Pirelli has respect in those realms, as you state. But this is new territory for me.

I'm waiting for them to stumble, and if they do..... :)

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you sir and you are most welcome.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

I would not ride on them too long, my Ford dealer actually gave me a decent credit for them and applied that to the Michelin's. Like you I much prefer their quality and they give a very quite smooth ride. This is the most quite, smooth Ford I have ever owned and my last one was a 2017. I did not think that one could be beat, but it was.

Good luck with your order!
Sponsored