First Name
PPK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502A, 1947 CJ2A, WK2 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I have had a 500A and a 502A (2022) from KC. I did adjust the driver side front fender out 1/8" and raise the hood on the passenger front to straighten it up a little. The cab corners also are also not squared up. My '17 was I think more square from the factory.. but an hour straightening up is not a big deal either. the '22 is quieter and tighter and that is worth a lot.

My big concern is the paint. I did the ruby red on the '17 and same on this one. both are good crimson (though the '22 is brighter red) with plenty of paint. my 502A sites next to an E350 and no its not that good of a job. but it is still good enough to look good. I have been that red so I get enough mils on the body to last. not my favorite color but it is on there where I can't see shadows of weak coverage...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sniz

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Rattler
KC does all 8’ beds and most XL and XLT trucks. There are certain exceptions based on some options. If you have power running boards it goes to Dearborn.

I believe all PowerBoosts are Dearborn, and all HDPP are Kansas City. At the end of the day they are simply assembly plants, they have very little to do with failing parts. Those parts were procured long before they get assembled.
My 23 Rattler (XL) is Dearborn built

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Norfolk VA?

Also, assembly is actually where most of the problems seem to be happening (notably, with transfer cases and axle bolts being exceptions).

Mine was KC xlt and seems alright outside of the loose frame bolts holding the transfer case up. No paint issues on the space white. The doors actually seem to be well fitted too. The tailgate fit is poor, with a ridiculous amount of gap on the right side. Can't decide if I care or if it's able to be changed. The cab corners aren't perfect, but are hard to notice honestly. The hood fit is very good. Until problems come about, I'm still pretty happy.

99 Mountaineer made it perfectly over 150k miles
04 f150 is 210k
05 exp ed bauer made it 150k, did well with no issues until northern rust got it
14 exp was kinda junk, sold at 50k
21 exp is has the phaser and ac issues, also might get sold
14 mustang is at 95k and incredible
16 mustang is at 40k and perfect

All in all, my family has had great luck with Ford. Dealers seem to be the deciding factor on how or if something wrong is made right. The only issues we've really had have been with the high trim vehicles, namely expeditions.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Norfolk VA?

Also, assembly is actually where most of the problems seem to be happening (notably, with transfer cases and axle bolts being exceptions).

Mine was KC xlt and seems alright outside of the loose frame bolts holding the transfer case up. No paint issues on the space white. The doors actually seem to be well fitted too. The tailgate fit is poor, with a ridiculous amount of gap on the right side. Can't decide if I care or if it's able to be changed. The cab corners aren't perfect, but are hard to notice honestly. The hood fit is very good. Until problems come about, I'm still pretty happy.

99 Mountaineer made it perfectly over 150k miles
04 f150 is 210k
05 exp ed bauer made it 150k, did well with no issues until northern rust got it
14 exp was kinda junk, sold at 50k
21 exp is has the phaser and ac issues, also might get sold
14 mustang is at 95k and incredible
16 mustang is at 40k and perfect

All in all, my family has had great luck with Ford. Dealers seem to be the deciding factor on how or if something wrong is made right. The only issues we've really had have been with the high trim vehicles, namely expeditions.
Yes, Norfolk, Va. My 2005 F150 was built in Norfolk. my 2014 HDPP 8' box was from KC. MY 2022 PB is from Dearborn.