Sponsored

Ignition Power avail while Remote Started?

bigredaggie

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the truck to enable ignition power while the truck is remote started? I’ve noticed that the upfitter switches and 12V power rail on the trailer connector are not energized during remote start. If I want to use any accessories on the upfitter switches or things like interior trailer lights tied to the trailer connector I have to ensure the truck is started with the ignition switch.

Was wondering if this is something that could be toggled with FORSCAN or if it was more in depth than that.

And just for my education, is there a major difference in behavior between ignition and remote start? Is idle different, etc? I notice things generally seem to be In a lower power state while remote started (ie the AC runs at a low blower level). Does the alternator behave differently, etc
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'm curious about this also.
I did an overnight in a Cracker Barrel this past year. I was hoping the timed start would refresh the battery to keep the fridge and heat running, but I dont know if that would provide power to the trailer harness.
A simple test light may work. But these trucks may be to "smart" for that to work.

OP
OP

bigredaggie

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
I'm curious about this also.
I did an overnight in a Cracker Barrel this past year. I was hoping the timed start would refresh the battery to keep the fridge and heat running, but I dont know if that would provide power to the trailer harness.
A simple test light may work. But these trucks may be to "smart" for that to work.
I can say with certainty that Remote start does not energize the 12 V rail on the trailer harness, at least not for a 2022 Tremor 402A. The cabin lights inside my cargo trailer will not function unless the truck has ignition turned on.
Sponsored