Sponsored

If you installed Window Deflectors on your 2021 SCREW and you like them - please join this thread

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
And no issue whatsoever with the adhesive on the paint, on the long run?
Nope...hairdryer warms them up enough to remove the 3M tape that is holding them on. No paint damage what so ever.

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
none at all, had a set on an old truck before, took them off when traded and re-taped and installed on parents truck of the same generation..

Reactions: sbi

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
Installed the AVS low profile matte black exterior mount vent visors today.
Ford F-150 If you installed Window Deflectors on your 2021 SCREW and you like them - please join this thread ventvisor

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Installed the AVS low profile matte black exterior mount vent visors today.
ventvisor.jpg

If you can take and post a pic showing where it's glued to the door frame I will appreciate it. It looks like a very narrow strip of the visor is actually glued to the door (you can still see the paint above it; I was under the impression that it would cover the entire top part above the window). Still trying to decide if I want the in-channel or adhesive ones.

Thank you.

Sponsored

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
In red is where the double-sided tape is (all along the whole top edge, and on the rear it has 2 small pieces on the rear edge, and on the front doors, it just has 1 piece on the bottom and still the whole top edge and a little nubby piece that goes into the triangle part of the front a pillar exterior)
Ford F-150 If you installed Window Deflectors on your 2021 SCREW and you like them - please join this thread where it sticks

Here is how much actually touches with double-sided tape, would say maybe about an inch or so if that, maybe 3/4 of an inch. Still leaves a decent amount of door paint showing above the vent visor. Can't say how thick the normal one is (note these are the 'low profile' meant to not stick out as far).
Ford F-150 If you installed Window Deflectors on your 2021 SCREW and you like them - please join this thread double sided tape

You can't see it, and there is no tape here, but there is a nub that sits where that red box below which sticks behind the a-pillar triangle exterior cover to ensure it aligns correctly:
Ford F-150 If you installed Window Deflectors on your 2021 SCREW and you like them - please join this thread li

I did order the in-channel ones but looked like it would be a PITA to get it to work with the bump-back, and since the double-sided tape would then be on the front, the AVS packaging had it so that when I cut the clear plastic wrap, the tape covering the sticky double-sided tape came with it (which I wasn't too fond of). Overall, I'm happy with the look and folks are saying they get multiple years out of these, and as long as they don't shatter you can heat up and take off to apply more double-sided tape. But for like $50 with free shipping, if I get 5 or so years I'd be happy enough to order a 2nd set.

I'm used to parking my previous car in the garage, so allowing the windows to stay cracked open to let fresh air in will be great.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
In red is where the double-sided tape is (all along the whole top edge, and on the rear it has 2 small pieces on the rear edge, and on the front doors, it just has 1 piece on the bottom and still the whole top edge and a little nubby piece that goes into the triangle part of the front a pillar exterior)
where it sticks.jpg

Here is how much actually touches with double-sided tape, would say maybe about an inch or so if that, maybe 3/4 of an inch. Still leaves a decent amount of door paint showing above the vent visor. Can't say how thick the normal one is (note these are the 'low profile' meant to not stick out as far).
double sided tape.jpg

You can't see it, and there is no tape here, but there is a nub that sits where that red box below which sticks behind the a-pillar triangle exterior cover to ensure it aligns correctly:
lip.jpg

I did order the in-channel ones but looked like it would be a PITA to get it to work with the bump-back, and since the double-sided tape would then be on the front, the AVS packaging had it so that when I cut the clear plastic wrap, the tape covering the sticky double-sided tape came with it (which I wasn't too fond of). Overall, I'm happy with the look and folks are saying they get multiple years out of these, and as long as they don't shatter you can heat up and take off to apply more double-sided tape. But for like $50 with free shipping, if I get 5 or so years I'd be happy enough to order a 2nd set.

I'm used to parking my previous car in the garage, so allowing the windows to stay cracked open to let fresh air in will be great.

Thank you!

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I have the stick ons from when I bought my 01 new. Dealer applied option. Still there, still perfect.

But that was when my truck was my mobile office.

Does the stock door / window design shed any rain?

I mean, can't you crack them just a little and be reasonably sure the stay dry?

Even if not, with the new truck having remote start, remote windows down, the PB able to do climate control so easily and ventilated seats, not sure I'll need them on this truck.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I found they made too much wind noise for my liking. I removed them from my 21.
I suppose you could just turn the music up but sometimes I want quiet.
Sponsored