First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I don't trust the dealership to CARE about my truck nearly enough to let them service it. I also prefer a different oil than they would use. (justifiably)
It'd be different if they allowed eyes on the work being done, similar to how a Mazda dealership I have done business with is set up.

I keep receipts and with FordPass I upload them, as well as pictures with the date and odometer reading.
the dealer that does my edge, has a HUGE set of glass panels that allow you watch the oil change people like a hawk
my 22 has not hit the mark yet, but the selling dealer promises i can watch , they have cameras everywhere and the big screen in the customer waiting area is all telling o_O

when i change mine, at home i keep the receipts , picture of containers and oil filter...you just never know anymore
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't trust the dealership to CARE about my truck nearly enough to let them service it. I also prefer a different oil than they would use. (justifiably)
It'd be different if they allowed eyes on the work being done, similar to how a Mazda dealership I have done business with is set up.

I keep receipts and with FordPass I upload them, as well as pictures with the date and odometer reading.
How do you upload the receipts to Ford Pass? I scan mine and save to a file and keep the original in a binder.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
How do you upload the receipts to Ford Pass? I scan mine and save to a file and keep the original in a binder.
Go to the Service tab at the bottom of the app.
Then go to Service History
Then click "add a record"

You can designate and note the service record as an oil change. It also allows for uploading a graphic image of any receipts you have.

The Service History can even be made available to the next owner of the vehicle. Really nice concept of using your Ford cloud account for something useful. :)

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
The Lube Center near me submits the oil change information to carfax. I provide them the full synthetic oil and oil filter to save a couple of bucks. I sit in my truck the whole time and usually I'm in and out in less than 25 minutes. They have cameras in the pit that show me what they are doing under the truck.

One thing I noted in the Fordpass app that may be beneficial to the OP is that when I went to the dealer the few times I did for recalls is that they noted in the app that they checked fluids and did other routine service like tire pressure checks.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Go to the Service tab at the bottom of the app.
Then go to Service History
Then click "add a record"

You can designate and note the service record as an oil change. It also allows for uploading a graphic image of any receipts you have.

The Service History can even be made available to the next owner of the vehicle. Really nice concept of using your Ford cloud account for something useful. :)
Thanks...will take a look.

Sponsored

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Simple solution is to keep the receipts for oil and filter.
This post is interesting. I’ve had similar issues. My FORD dealer had a fast lane built in the new dealership. it’s been for the last 6 years. I could drive in sit in my truck and talk to the guys changing the oil , rotating tires etc. The first oil change on my 22 5.0 they put 8.8 qts in. I actually told them it was to much. I was dismissed. Even pulled dip stick, still didn’t believe me. I went home and drained the excess.
My second oil change they told me me no more fast lane for anyone. I said I’m out and SM decided to let me sit in one last time.
He informed me from now on Gotta check in and let em take it in back. No customer access, not even a window. Needless to say. Last time they see my truck.
I am fearful of updates by knuckleheads. This machine has no issues yet. it cost me to much to let someone learn on my truck.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I am not even sure why people risk this. Any new car I have, I have the dealership do the oil changes. It's actually pretty affordable in most cases. My GMC truck it was actually the same cost them doing my oil change than me doing it myself. They will always send you coupons and what not (they want to service your vehicle!) but at least if shit goes south, there are NO questions on maintenance routine. My wife's 22 Jeep Compass came with 3 courtesy oil changes. She is going in for her 2nd one tomorrow...at 6500 miles. My oil change interval is more conservative than even the Dealer's but I don't care, I bought warranty and expect them to take care of if anything ever happened with the car. My truck will be going in for an oil change in Feb.;The second one. It only has 2100 miles.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
You can do it as long as you document it. Dealer does mine nowadays. But back when i done all my own maintenance, i documented date/mileage and kept all the receipts for oil/filters as per owners manual.
Sponsored