First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Also disable "Auto Hold". The last couple times I went through the car wash I forgot I even had it enabled because it didn't kick in
I have auto hold on always. When I put truck into neutral it automatically disables auto hold.
Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I handwash my truck. When I take it to the car wash I only spray/rinse it off and wipe it down. No brush. Auto car wash? Never.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I HAVE ALREADY BEEN REAR ENDED IN A CAR WASH DUE TO THE AUTO HOLD. IT WAS A CONVEYOR TYPE WASH NOT THE TRACK /PULL TYPE. SOON AS FRONT WHEELS TOUCHED CONCRETE THEY LOCKED UP AND THE DIPSHIT IN THE VIEWING OFFICE TOOK 45 SECONDS TO LONG TO SHUT DOWN WASH. I THOUGHT I WAS HUNG UP ON THE TIRE WET APPLICATOR. I HAVE A GREAT VIDEO OF IT ALL TO SHOW THE NEXT OWNER. INSURANCE SAID 80/20 MY FAULT. HITCH PUT A SCRATCH/DENT ON BUMPER OF GUY BEHIND ME. I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN OFF 3 TIMES A WEEK. ALSO SHIFTING IN TO NEUTRAL DOESNT DISABLE IT, AT LEAST IN MINE.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN REAR ENDED IN A CAR WASH DUE TO THE AUTO HOLD. IT WAS A CONVEYOR TYPE WASH NOT THE TRACK /PULL TYPE. SOON AS FRONT WHEELS TOUCHED CONCRETE THEY LOCKED UP AND THE DIPSHIT IN THE VIEWING OFFICE TOOK 45 SECONDS TO LONG TO SHUT DOWN WASH. I THOUGHT I WAS HUNG UP ON THE TIRE WET APPLICATOR. I HAVE A GREAT VIDEO OF IT ALL TO SHOW THE NEXT OWNER. INSURANCE SAID 80/20 MY FAULT. HITCH PUT A SCRATCH/DENT ON BUMPER OF GUY BEHIND ME. I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN OFF 3 TIMES A WEEK. ALSO SHIFTING IN TO NEUTRAL DOESNT DISABLE IT, AT LEAST IN MINE.
Wow that is great that you shared this event in this post. I stll think car wash mode is a good idea.

artwolf

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
What functions does the Tesla do in Car Wash mode?
Closes and locks the charge port door and front and rear trunks, turns off the following: walk-away auto door locking, auto wipers, parking assist chime, Sentry mode. Sets climate controls to recirculating. There may be more, but that's all I'm sure about.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I was moving my wife's explorer and was trying to pull it closer to the truck. She had autohold on, which made it hard to get close.....went inside and she said "I just press the button to turn it of".

I assumed it was like our trucks and you have to go to some menu in sync to turn it on/off. Nope. In her center console there is a big a$$ button for Auto hold. She can turn it off, do what she wants and turn it back on if she wants without a hassle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

I was moving my wife's explorer and was trying to pull it closer to the truck. She had autohold on, which made it hard to get close.....went inside and she said "I just press the button to turn it of".

I assumed it was like our trucks and you have to go to some menu in sync to turn it on/off. Nope. In her center console there is a big a$$ button for Auto hold. She can turn it off, do what she wants and turn it back on if she wants without a hassle.
I like buttons for that type of control. I am ok with mode dial too. But dont quite understand if i go to 4 wheel drive, why do i have to turn a mode on too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 14557

I already have "truckwash" mode. It's me, a hose and a complete line of Chemical Guys cleaning products. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, I like your idea, but I've read enough about car washes on here that it scared me away. I'd rather do it myself and save the potential heartache. Plus, touch-less carwashes are few and far between where I live.
I just observed the very very tall usa flag pole you carry around from your moniker picture profile. Car Wash mode could lower that pole so it could fit into the car wash too. Yeekickick-in
Sponsored